Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

You’d have to strap me to a chair Clockwork Orange style and pry my ears open to get me to listen to that interview. We gave up on basketball. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Thanks Mike, I actually just got a chance to listen to the interview and it was very well done. He addressed not wanting to "put the program in a box" and leaving the decision after next season open which I totally understand. I think also knowing that there is a core group of players who by current rules really don't have the option to transfer (they could certainly still leave if they desired) doesn't present the same recruiting/transfer issues that a coach going into the final year of a contract usually has. That probably played into the way this was handled as well.
    He said its his decision so if it goes awful it's on him and not on Martin Hall

3. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He said its his decision so if it goes awful it's on him and not on Martin Hall
    That may be a response to me since it is a worry I've had ever since they moved him under the umbrella operations of Martin Hall.

Are his decicisions still his own?

Seems strange disclaimer a year in advance.

Almost as strange as Marlin's assistant praising Marlin after the assistant won on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Dr. Maggard addressed the retention decision on an interview with Scott Prather this morning on ESPN Lafayette. Scott did a great job of asking the right questions. You may or may not like the answers but I encourage everyone to listen to a replay. That way you get a perspective on what went into the decision. If the ESPN Lafayette website does not have a link to the interview, Scott usually posts his interviews on Spotify or other similar platforms. Just research the Great Scott show to find it.
    I'm 2 minutes into this interview and Maggard states that his success speaks for itself and he has a 75% winning percentage at UL. What is Maggard smoking? Maybe that explains some of this man's decisions

Default Re: Maggard confirms Marlin returns for final year of contract

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are you in favor of giving Marlin an extension?

I'm not.

I only ask because your statement has already been used in the past to justify giving out a contract extention.
    Am I in favor of giving Marlin an extension???? No. The answer is no. Not sure how you got that from my statement. But ok.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm 2 minutes into this interview and Maggard states that his success speaks for itself and he has a 75% winning percentage at UL. What is Maggard smoking? Maybe that explains some of this man's decisions
    Louisiana: Overall 218–165 (.569) SBC play 127–91 (.583)

7. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

…ok the question all have been waiting for me to ask…….what will be the starting lineup next year? What players are needed where to really make this a great team, since the potential is there? Just thinking if I am an NIL looker I might come to help!

8. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

It feels like Maggard is writng a Marlequin bromance novel.

9. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Maggard has a 75% win percentage or Marlin?

10. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Is that total or D1 games?

Obviously Dr. Maggard misspoke when he made the 75 percent comment. I think he meant a home winning percentage of 75 percent. Not sure if that is correct but that is my best guess

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Is that total or D1 games?
    Total of everything

13. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Obviously Dr. Maggard misspoke when he made the 75 percent comment. I think he meant a home winning percentage of 75 percent. Not sure if that is correct but that is my best guess
    You can’t “mispeak” during this thing. You’ve literally chased away a percentage of the fanbase forever with this decision.

Again, they can NOT ____ up the messaging on this, and that’s exactly what’s happening.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this could be the unraveling for Maggard. This is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …ok the question all have been waiting for me to ask…….what will be the starting lineup next year? What players are needed where to really make this a great team, since the potential is there? Just thinking if I am an NIL looker I might come to help!
    No one knows that Boomer as we can’t predict the roster at this stage. Dr. Maggard says he has high confidence the core of the team will return. If that is the case, I would expect the starting lineup to be the same thAt finished the season which is Thomas, Dalcourt, Williams, Brown, and Awkuba. I believe emphasis of spring recruiting is a point guard. Perhaps they get one that moves Thomas to the backup spot. They may also get a contribution from the early Signee, Chancellor White. He is a 6’6” swing man at a HS in the Houston area. White averaged over 30 ppg this season and was nominated for the McDonald’s All American team.

15. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Total of everything
    So take away 3-4 gimmes against D2 and NAIA schools x 12 seasons…

Nowhere close to this

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread Information