Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Basketball Excuses

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Jackson State has the 3rd lowest basketball budget in D1.

Maybe if we would’ve gotten more money, we could’ve beaten them.
    So you are saying the budget needs to be smaller? That might be it. Need more of an underdog mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    So you are saying the budget needs to be smaller? That might be it. Need more of an underdog mentality.
    All I know is that if we are being told that we have no money while having the second largest budget in the conference, we are all being duped.

Also, what will more money do at this point? Do we find new assistant coaches? Is Paying more to the assistant coaches that we have now going to somehow magically help us win more games? Again, second largest budget in the conference. Somebody enlighten me.

Lack of a move, or lack of a reason for a move tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Lack of a move, or lack of a reason for a move tells you all you need to know.
    Budgets so small donors are having to ride on Marlins lap to away games.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    All I know is that if we are being told that we have no money while having the second largest budget in the conference, we are all being duped.

Also, what will more money do at this point? Do we find new assistant coaches? Is Paying more to the assistant coaches that we have now going to somehow magically help us win more games? Again, second largest budget in the conference. Somebody enlighten me.
    We need more chicken tenders

My questions really are for the big donors. Supposedly, they're the one's that have been in support of Marlin staying all this time. We must have the nicest high profile donors in the country. In any other program, those are the people you have to satisfy the most. They get coaches fired and hired yet ours seem somehow content spending all that money on games both home and away to have a .500 team and team that averages 4th to 5th place seemingly every season in a fairly watered down conference.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    My questions really are for the big donors. Supposedly, they're the one's that have been in support of Marlin staying all this time. We must have the nicest high profile donors in the country. In any other program, those are the people you have to satisfy the most. They get coaches fired and hired yet ours seem somehow content spending all that money on games both home and away to have a .500 team and team that averages 4th to 5th place seemingly every season in a fairly watered down conference.
    WBB must have the same donors.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    WBB must have the same donors.
    I will give Coach Brodhead credit, he has raised money for his program and his camps. He literally looks at any opportunity to raise money. In that area, he is entirely different from Coach Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I will give Coach Brodhead credit, he has raised money for his program and his camps. He literally looks at any opportunity to raise money. In that area, he is entirely different from Coach Marlin.
    And with a small budget finishes near the top of conference every year.

And with a small budget finishes near the top of conference every year.
    Every year? Won the regular season ONE year in a decade, no NCAAs.

Missed on the Texas twins and Cournoyer. Having no point guard multiple years. Sounds familiar? And hell, Cournoyer was POY in the SoCon last year.

I’m in the clean house on both sides crowd. In the meantime, y’all keep adding to the UL basketball excuse list. Jackson State is easily trumped by Dillard twice. Neither is acceptable

The icing on the cake would have been if Marlin had a son as a player coming up the ranks and he had to be extended until son graduated…

12. Default Re: Basketball Excuses

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    The icing on the cake would have been if Marlin had a son as a player coming up the ranks and he had to be extended until son graduated…
    …Well some Excitement for the family with Loyola playing for National championship…daughter and son in law played there……coach StacyHowell (sp) recommended by Brady and Floyd…had a brief time there myself….GO PACK!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Every year? Won the regular season ONE year in a decade, no NCAAs.

Missed on the Texas twins and Cournoyer. Having no point guard multiple years. Sounds familiar? And hell, Cournoyer was POY in the SoCon last year.

I’m in the clean house on both sides crowd. In the meantime, y’all keep adding to the UL basketball excuse list. Jackson State is easily trumped by Dillard twice. Neither is acceptable
    Yall? LOL

I currently only watch UL football. Haven’t watched a minute of UL mens bball in 2 years and if he returns I’ll never watch them again.

Meanwhile i will watch the women when I have nothing else to do, which is the same for baseball and softball.

Don’t put me in the same boat as “y’all”.

Yall? LOL

I currently only watch UL football. Haven’t watched a minute of UL mens bball in 2 years and if he returns I’ll never watch them again.

Meanwhile i will watch the women when I have nothing else to do, which is the same for baseball and softball.

Don’t put me in the same boat as “y’all”.
    Sorry. Generalization. Guess “he’s one of us” is an excuse to be added. Hope that one doesn’t bite us in the butt a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    What’s the next excuse out of MBB? We’ve already heard:

1. No Money
    2. Basketball is dead
    3. Injuries
    4. Transfer Portal
    5. Give it time
    6. Most wins in SBC
    7. No money for buyout

This list goes on.

Even though we have the 2nd highest operating budget in the SBC and the highest paid coach.

What a FRACKING waste of resources.
    Most of the mid major basketball coaches salaries. Marlin is in the 25 highest paid Mid Major coaches.
    https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019.-major-2019-20

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information