Thread: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Tickets Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Ragin Reviewers sound off! Thoughts about how Deggs is performing, questions about in-game strategy, pitching woes, offensive statistics though 18 games, and inconvenient truths about basketball. Thanks everyone for your participation and listenership!

For more updates & info follow us on all social platforms @RaginReview

2. Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Matt made an interesting point about Marlin peaking at key moments that artificially extended his Louisiana career. It made me think he isn't really trying to win in non-determinant years

I don't remember who to credit but 32+ years as a MBB head coach and only "2" NCAA appeances was the stat of the show.

Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Matt made an interesting point about Marlin peaking at key moments that artificially extended his Louisiana career. It made me think he isn't really trying to win in non-determinant years

I don't remember who to credit but 32+ years as a MBB head coach and only "2" NCAA appeances was the stat of the show.
    Might want to check those stats…it’s “3” in 23 years…lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marlin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_.27s_basketball

Been a D1 head coach 98-99 thru 21-22 (23 years). If you want to credit the 5 years of JC time (total 28), throw in a NC. Can’t find a stat for JC tournament appearance.

Marlin was an assistant at Alabama between Pensacola and Sam.

Not saying I’m against a change. But credibility in stats “reporting” is difference between facts and agenda.

If you want to be taken seriously and maybe impact a decision, can’t pull numbers out of the air.

4. Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marlin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_.27s_basketball

Been a D1 head coach 98-99 thru 21-22 (23 years). If you want to credit the 5 years of JC time (total 28), throw in a NC. Can’t find a stat for JC tournament appearances.

Not saying I’m against a change. But credibility in stats “reporting” is difference between facts and agenda.

If you want to be taken seriously and maybe impact a decision, can’t pull numbers out of the air.
    I can assure you, the discussions are taken “seriously” as evidenced by downloads and participation. If you’d take the time to listen, it was a discussion among our fans and we drove the conversation. There is no “agenda.” It was simply multiple people giving their opinions.

The fact remains, as a D1 coach, 3 tournament appearances. The context was getting to the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I can assure you, the discussions are taken “seriously” as evidenced by downloads and participation. If you’d take the time to listen, it was a discussion among our fans and we drove the conversation. There is no “agenda.” It was simply multiple people giving their opinions.

The fact remains, as a D1 coach, 2 tournament appearances. The context was getting to the tournament.
    I usually listen at some point, but saw the blatant time frame misinformation this AM. Not that it makes a difference it’s 3 in 23 appearances…look at the Sam Houston link. 3 out 23 still sucks.

When I see Turbine (someone I respect for all he’s done for UL) quoting misinformation, that’s why I posted.

It’s 3 tourney appearances

7. Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    It’s 3 tourney appearances
    Yes, 3 appearances in 23 years. One of our fans made the comment and we didn’t correct it.

Again, highly encourage anyone upset about the omission to listen to the context of the conversation.

Yes, 3 appearances in 32 years. Sorry that one of our fans made the comment and we didn’t correct it.

Again, highly encourage anyone upset about the omission to listen to the context of the conversation.
    Wasn’t trying to be critical. Just correcting that tidbit.

FFS. Who cares if its 2 or 3. Forest through the trees. The fact remains that he's only taken OUR program 1 time in 12 years. That's the only thing we should be thinking about.

10. Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Wasn’t trying to be critical. Just correcting that tidbit.
    Cheers

Yes, 3 appearances in 23 years. One of our fans made the comment

Thanks. Not upset here, want success for the podcast.

12. Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

Thanks. I had no timely way to verify when I heard the stat. Thanks for checking for me.

Still the stat of the show.

YW. It’s a good example everything matters to a degree. Listened while exercising this AM. It was taken as fact and the guys moved on. It’s a meaningless stat, yet the other side will jump on misinformation and discredit everyone associated to the podcast. I’m hoping everyone is wrong, I can’t picture a last lap tour being a great marketing tool.

14. Default Re: Ragin Roundtable: BSBL Swept at Troy & Marlin Rumors

YW. It’s a good example everything matters to a degree. Listened while exercising this AM. It was taken as fact and the guys moved on. It’s a meaningless stat, yet the other side will jump on misinformation and discredit everyone associated to the podcast. I’m hoping everyone is wrong, I can’t picture a last lap tour being a great marketing tool.
    Truthfully, I thought it was 2 appearances as well. But you're right; it's incumbent upon RR to make sure our information is as accurate as possible.

Enjoyed the "5 year contract" discussion. It isn't the model UL uses in any sport, wish we would. Seems the Refineryville bunch doesn't use either, found this regarding the new MBB contract. Seems they are expecting a nuke being dropped on them. Has an automatic 100K increase every year.

"The new leader of the men’s basketball program inked a seven-year deal with the program with the potential for an eighth depending on what kind of violations LSU is hit with from the NCAA. The construction of McMahon’s contract includes a base salary of $400,000 per year with supplemental compensation every year, starting at $2.2 million for the 2022-23 season. If LSU loses more than two scholarships, he will get year nine added to his contract".

Thread Information