Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: BB G3: Louisiana 3, Troy 8

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    I’ll say it, Deggs ain’t the guy. This is the best we’re gonna be with Matt Deggs as HC. Year 3 and we’ve arguably gone backwards.
    The lineup has potential to get on a roll. The pitching staff does not and limits upside from here. It's not possible to fix an entire staff.

We couldn't even fix Conor Angel last year with a big league All Star running the staff. It could be argued we actually broke Angel.

Pitchers are what they are largely when they get here. They can add a pitch, tweak a grip, but they are what they are.

It appears we broke Durke and Angel in the same season. Both were weekend starters to start last year. We appear to have zero feel handling pitchers, none.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The lineup has potential to get on a roll. The pitching staff does not and limits upside from here. It's not possible to fix an entire staff.

We couldn't even fix Conor Angel last year with a big league All Star running the staff. It could be argued we actually broke Angel.

Pitchers are what they are largely when they get here. They can add a pitch, tweak a grip, but they are what they are.

It appears we broke Durke and Angel in the same season. Both were weekend starters to start last year. We seem to have zero feel handling pitchers, none.
    Agree on Durke but Angel’s base on balls numbers speak for themselves from before he got here. Still a complete failure to develop the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Agree on Durke but Angel’s base on balls numbers speak for themselves from before he got here. Still a complete failure to develop the talent.
    Not a ton of natural talent to develop, but this Durke flop is a disaster. Durke was as big a can't miss guy had we've had since Leger. Durke was ranked 2nd best player, not pitcher, best player in LA for C/O 2020.

UL, stAte and the two lame duck programs all 0-3. Not where anyone wants to be.

Not a ton of natural talent to develop, but this Durke flop is a disaster. Durke was as big a can't miss guy had we've had since Leger. Durke was ranked 2nd best player, not pitcher, best player in LA for C/O 2020.
    Durke was not a great strike thrower in high school. Not saying he was a project by any stretch of the imagination. But he threw 93-95 in high school, struggled to throw strikes and got hit. I would of thought he could of refined his skill set with D1 coaching. No question he has electric stuff, but i was shocked he was in the rotation opening weekend last year knowing his past. Its obviously not going his way and im not too sure what it will take to fix. Having said that…idk if that terrible outing at southern miss really was the straw that broke the camels back for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Durke was not a great strike thrower in high school. Not saying he was a project by any stretch of the imagination. But he threw 93-95 in high school, struggled to throw strikes and got hit. I would of thought he could of refined his skill set with D1 coaching. No question he has electric stuff, but i was shocked he was in the rotation opening weekend last year knowing his past. Its obviously not going his way and im not too sure what it will take to fix. Having said that…idk if that terrible outing at southern miss really was the straw that broke the camels back for him.
    He looked unbeatable opening day at Tulane. No development.

Moody was not recruited by anyone else and was All American here. There were lots of guys like that. Seems like nobody over achieves on the mound.

He looked unbeatable opening day at Tulane.
    All i am saying is it does not suprise me he is struggling to consistently throw strikes. Hes looked like a top round prospect in some outings to where we are today. I really wish the kid could find success for his own sake. He needs it for some confidence

It's 90% mental

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's 90% mental
    Do you know where the Cajuns can get anymore pitchers? These local guys are hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's 90% mental
    Thats not only the case for him but also one of our best hitters as well.

11. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Baseball Swept by Troy Following 8-3 Game Three Loss

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns were swept by the Troy Trojans to start Sun Belt play following an 8-3 loss in the weekend series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    All i am saying is it does not suprise me he is struggling to consistently throw strikes. Hes looked like a top round prospect in some outings to where we are today. I really wish the kid could find success for his own sake. He needs it for some confidence
    I did not see him pitch in high school, so you have more background on him than I.

There is a difference in his delivery after the beginning of last season. More disappointing for him and his team, than for Cajun fans. I hope he can get back on track.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information