Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G3: Louisiana 3, Troy 8

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

What the hell were Top and Deggs just talking about. Top “your hitters didn’t get dominated they just hit a lot of balls in to the ground.” Since when is rolling over on the ball constantly not getting dominated.

2. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What the hell were Top and Deggs just talking about. Top “your hitters didn’t get dominated they just hit a lot of balls in to the ground.” Since when is rolling over on the ball constantly not getting dominated.
    Today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Their pitcher had an 8.15 ERA before today. That is all
    Not anymore.

Brad was being nice.

Seems like talent evaluation has been an issues since 2017...

Sometimes you just get your arse kicked. Sucks...but it happens.

We got our arse kicked real good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Seems like talent evaluation has been an issues since 2017...
    It takes a specific kind of kid to play this style of baseball that Deggs likes to play. He wants strong athletic kids that can run and play with their hair on fire. If he can get those types of kids he feels he can win. I dont think those qualities ALWAYS mean you get the best baseball players. So if you signing “athletes” you need to develop them into baseball players. I like tough minded kids that have a football background but we lack a few baseball players in my opinion. In the words of Robe…we have a few underwear models

We turned over 45% of the roster from last year and we still suck. I don't get it. Getting swept opening conf series is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post

It takes a specific kind of kid to play this style of baseball that Deggs likes to play. He wants strong athletic kids that can run and play with their hair on fire. If he can get those types of kids he feels he can win. I dont think those qualities ALWAYS mean you get the best baseball players. So if you signing “athletes” you need to develop them into baseball players. I like tough minded kids that have a football background but we lack a few baseball players in my opinion. In the words of Robe…we have a few underwear models
    Same issues reaered it's head with Hud when he went after combine numhers instead of football players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We turned over 45% of the roster from last year and we still suck. I don't get it. Getting swept opening conf series is really bad.
    You just answered your own statement. Yes, almost 50% of this team is new faces. That’s called a rebuild unless you’re MAT (aka Purveyor of Truth) who knows all and has all the answers. The rest of us are all just peasants.

11. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

I’ll say it, Deggs ain’t the guy. This is the best we’re gonna be with Matt Deggs as HC. Year 3 and we’ve arguably gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Yep. I remember a few kids me and you sent to him that didn't jump or run the numbers he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    I’ll say it, Deggs ain’t the guy. This is the best we’re gonna be with Matt Deggs as HC. Year 3 and we’ve arguably gone backwards.
    Year 2, 2020 doesn't count. He has really only coached 1 1/4 year.

14. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

Deggs has said what he looks for in a ball player, and he’s recruited and signed the players that have what he wants. Going after them as “underwear models,” soft, or not water-hose boys ain’t it. It’s the coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    I think after next year and no post season I will be in that camp.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information