Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G3: Louisiana 3, Troy 8

1. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Because it’s just stupid. Put the kids in position to succeed and cut the macho bullshį+
    Are we, or are we just "positioning" ourselves to be the worst team in the conference?

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

Totally disheartening. Aftet winning our opening series I thought we had something this year

3. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnycajun View Post
    Are we, or are we just "positioning" ourselves to be the worst team in the conference?
    Ever wonder why everyone swallows that crap about “players need to be able to move around and not make excuses about it”, when Jace Conrad never moved from 2nd, Compy never moved from 1st, BT never moved from SS, etc etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ever wonder why everyone swallows that crap about “players need to be able to move around and not make excuses about it”, when Jace Conrad never moved from 2nd, Compy never moved from 1st, BT never moved from SS, etc etc etc etc..
    I was actually thinking this earlier today once I saw the lineup. One of the reasons for our inconsistency might be the inconsistent lineups.

I watched this team scrimmage at LSU last fall. I was completely underwhelmed. Hitting was a little better. Pitching not so much. The hype around the team following the scrimmage seemed absolutely deranged. For a little while I thought I might have missed something.

We are still rearranging the line up looking for that elusive magic combination.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Totally disheartening. Aftet winning our opening series I thought we had something this year
    Because they were ranked preseason based on their finish LAST season i suggested they werent the 15th team in the country and we werent that good. Alot of folks said i was crazy. Well their u have it

7. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Troy

We got beat and really, it wasn’t even a fight. Troy bullpen dominated. SUNDAY bullpen dominated a Deggs lineup.

First conference series and we get swept. You can’t get swept in Troy, AL, to open conference play, EVER, as the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns..

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Because they were ranked preseason based on their finish LAST season i suggested they werent the 15th team in the country and we werent that good. Alot of folks said i was crazy. Well their u have it
    That first series was so fun. It got a lot of people back in the baseball mood. That paired with the off season hype was cause for excitement. I believe someone mentioned “there are no real holes in the lineup.”

We may have improved a tad at the plate, but pitching has been poor aside from a few good outings from time to time.

I kept telling myself that since the schedule was difficult to be prepared to lose a few. And we have. But also watching them play the first quarter or so of the schedule…..they’re just not really good.

Weak ass showing this weekend. When was the last time we were swept in a SBC series?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Weak ass showing this weekend. When was the last time we were swept in a SBC series?
    South Al last year

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    South al swept us last year

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    South al swept us last year
    They sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    South Al last year
    2019 we were swept twice in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    They sure did.