Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB G2: Louisiana 3, Troy 4

Default Re: BSBL: Cajuns at Troy GM2

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    We are a .500 ballclub this year that's all. This is Deggs second recruiting class so the question becomes is he not recruiting enough talent or is he not able to get the best out of said talent?
    I think the hitting will be decent enough. Not sure if it’s good enough to score 5/6 runs a night which is what the pitching staff is going to need.

The pitching is VERY worrisome and the defense is probably average at best.

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 3, Troy 4

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Lol. Shout at the clouds _____. More productive than your baseball opinions.
    I’m guessing you thought 2018 and 2019 were great seasons. Again, you obviously can’t read. I’ve said that Deggs came in here and was greeted with no talent (See ‘18 and ‘19). 2020 counts for nothing. Again, no talent and 15 games. This will take time but the “Purveyor of Truth” knows all. This is his forum and only his opinions matter.

3. Default Re: BSBL: Cajuns at Troy GM2

We are a .500 ballclub this year that's all. This is Deggs second recruiting class so the question becomes is he not recruiting enough talent or is he not able to get the best out of said talent?
    3 off seasons and covid transfer/eligibility benefits. 20+ Juco additions.

And for the “we’re still rebuilding” folks, I wonder why Deggs told the fan base we were a regional team this year? You can’t have it both ways.

And for the “we’re still rebuilding” folks, I wonder why Deggs told the fan base we were a regional team this year? You can’t have it both ways.
    You just said it. But of course it’s always awesome when a coach tells the fanbase that his team will be mediocre before the season.

Both Deggs and Glasco have written checks with their mouths that their azzz may not be able to cash

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Both Deggs and Glasco have written checks with their mouths that their azzz may not be able to cash
    Am I correct in saying softball has not been to a super regional since Glasco has been HC?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    How do you figure?

.500 baseball teams don't make a regional. Everyone knows that was his words. And to be honest i think our conference is gonna be better than we expected or at least better than I expected. Its not just South Al and Coastal we have to worry about like in years past. Thats a great thing for the conference. Add Southern Miss to the mix moving forward and we better get off our asz and start signing kids that can compete at a very high level or else vacations in may and june will be the norm. No more covid or Robes team excuses. This is his baby now.

As far as the offense goes we have Robinson, Roco, and Kimple returning from last year. Brock didnt play much up until this year. These guys should be carrying us and a few of them are. None are hurting us. Robinson needs to quit bunting and swing it better. Hopefully yesterday is the start of him putting balls in the gap. Marusak, Hood, Viellion, and Rincones are juco guys. Robe always said those guys back up bf the really figure out D1 pitching. I think they continue to improve. Debarge is a great player that should be our 7,8 or 9 hole hitter but hes in the middle of the lineup bc nobody has really stepped up yet. He should be afforded to hit at the bottom of the lineup where he would be pitched a little different and be able to figure some things out. But, it dont always work like that.

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 3, Troy 4

GA Southern and TX State have RPI's inside the top 15 as of March 17. Both are undefeated this weekend so far.

Am I correct in saying softball has not been to a super regional since Glasco has been HC?
    Correct. Just need more time in Glasco’s system.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Correct. Just need more time in Glasco’s system.
    So this is his fifth season and unless a miracle happens he won’t be making a super this year. Just curious but what is an acceptable amount of time he should have to get back the supers?

So this is his fifth season and unless a miracle happens he won’t be making a super this year. Just curious but what is an acceptable amount of time he should have to get back the supers?
    Getting the Super Regionals is a big deal. The bar should be set at making regionals, then hosting.

Anything after that is icing on the cake. Teams like 1999, 2000, 2014…those teams are the exceptions, not the norm…no matter how hard some people try to think they are.

And its that way for all but about 10-12 schools in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Getting the Super Regionals is a big deal. The bar should be set at making regionals, then hosting.

Anything after that is icing on the cake. Teams like 1999, 2000, 2014…those teams are the exceptions, not the norm…no matter how hard some people try to think they are.

And its that way for all but about 10-12 schools in the country.
    Other poster was talking about softball.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Other poster was talking about softball.
    Oh, my bad. Thanks for the clarification

I was being sarcastic in previous post. The lack of player development is disappointing.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information