Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB G1: Louisiana 1, Troy 7

Default Re: BB Louisiana vs Troy G1

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So it’s ok for you to say what’s happening but not anyone else? Got it. You can try and frame it however you. The guy fouled off some pitches before the first bomb. They’ll do it again because he doesn’t have an out pitch so far tonight.
    Saying the team is “completely lost at the plate” after 2 innings or that Ray is “serving up beach balls” after a great AB where he eventually got beat is over the top in my opinion. There’s always some context to consider.

But if you’re in favor of trashing the players because they are behind after 2 innings, then have it at.

That said, I agree with you that Ray didn’t have a “put away” pitch tonight and it cost him. I also agree with some of the comments about this team not having a legit Friday night starter. And they are a couple arms short in the pen.

I also think that this team is better than the teams we’ve had over the last few years.

There’s still a couple innings left although it’s a high hill to climb tonight, but there are a couple games left in this series so let’s see what happens.

Bad ABs mannnn

We are too inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Saying the team is “completely lost at the plate” after 2 innings or that Ray is “serving up beach balls” after a great AB where he eventually got beat is over the top in my opinion. There’s always some context to consider.

But if you’re in favor of trashing the players because they are behind after 2 innings, then have it at.

That said, I agree with you that Ray didn’t have a “put away” pitch tonight and it cost him. I also agree with some of the comments about this team not having a legit Friday night starter. And they are a couple arms short in the pen.

I also think that this team is better than the teams we’ve had over the last few years.

There’s still a couple innings left although it’s a high hill to climb tonight, but there are a couple games left in this series so let’s see what happens.
    I am not sure this team could beat last year's team.

Deggs said Troy 1B coach was tipping pitches. Our hitters didn’t compete good enough at the plate. Credit to Troy capitalizing on mistake pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I am not sure this team could beat last year's team.
    It would be a low scoring affair with last years hitters and this years hitters facing Arighetti or Cook.

NM

4k’s in 7AB’s up
    to that point…not good. We looked inept.

These are facts unfortunately and the remaining 7 innings were nearly as bad.

Is that better?

The excuses are getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Deggs said Troy 1B coach was tipping pitches. Our hitters didn’t compete good enough at the plate. Credit to Troy capitalizing on mistake pitches.
    If that was the case, then stop it. He knows how to end that BS. Excuses are like _______s…everybody got them. Your team laid an egg, didnt compete on the mound or at the plate in the first conf game of the year. Own it. Fix it.

LOL. Maybe credit the hitter who fouled off 4 or 5 tough pitches with 2 strikes.

Once again, the facts are hurting your feelings. He threw a meatball and the guy crushed it… like you are supposed to. What else do you want me to say?

Do we need Turbine to create a safe space for people who get their feelings hurt then the truth gets spoken?

So far, this team is great at being inconsistent. They have shown some flashes but can’t put it all together and sustain it. Two back to back 17 hit games in a row then tonight’s offense shows up.

We get a CG from our Sunday starter then the “Friday” guy poops the bed two weeks in a row.

Thus, you get .500 baseball. Which, is just about what the team is.

It would be a low scoring affair with last years hitters and this years hitters facing Arighetti or Cook.
    Low scoring for one side. We are rebuilding. I still need more patience.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    So far, this team is great at being inconsistent. They have shown some flashes but can’t put it all together and sustain it. Two back to back 17 hit games in a row then tonight’s offense shows up.

We get a CG from our Sunday starter then the “Friday” guy poops the bed two weeks in a row.

Thus, you get .500 baseball. Which, is just about what the team is.
    We are a .500 team??? I thought we were a regional team?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We are a .500 team??? I thought we were a regional team?
    LMAO that’s what I heard too.

I’d love to come back here at the end of the season and eat all the crow, but I just don’t see it.

15. Default Re: BB Louisiana vs Troy G1

No. It’s a message to the position players. Y’all don’t want to play to win or turn up the intensity, I’m going to give pitchers in the back of the bullpen some innings. Deggs is an offense guy and expects the hitters to keep them in the game even when pitchers are slacking.
    If that’s true, that’s about the dumbest thing Deggs has done to date. These stupid “messages” that he’s trying to send don’t work on this day and age.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information