Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: BB: Louisiana 10, Mcneese 8

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Mcneese BB

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Man, you need to have the Chris' Special at Chris' poboys. You'll forget about Darrells.
    I agree with this

Default Re: BB: Louisiana 10, Mcneese 8

"I will not comment on the game because I am tired of these midweek games against ULL being exhibition games. I am not speaking directly about last night, but much of the past few years. Older fans which make up about 90% of the booster clubs put a premium on games against ULL in any sport. Personally, I would trade a win over Columbia and two wins over Eastern Illinois this weekend in order to shoot all the bullets in these rivalry games. Just my opinion! Thanks to McNeese Sports@ YouTube TV for bringing these home games to the public. At one-point last night over 400 fans were watching."
    What does that even mean? Also, I'm sure a healthy dose of that 400 were Louisiana fans. I tried to watch at one point, but it was like it was being filmed on a 2003 Motorola Razr phone.

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Mcneese BB

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

As far as reliable bats, someone needs to start talking about what Heath Hood is doing…so I will.

Hood started the season 0 for 10. He was putting the ball in play, but wasn’t having any luck finding a hole. At one point, he was 3-24 after smoking a ball right at the first baseman. This was the Saturday game against S. Miss and it immediately followed the Kimple lead off triple…the infamous one when he was stranded there and all of the clueless “fans” decided the team was awful and soft and the coach is dumb and all of that.

I told a couple buddies of mine at that time that Hood was the most snake bit player on this team and that I hoped the coaches were seeing it and that he would continue to get opportunities. They obviously did.

His next AB in that game, he hit a ball up the middle that “had eyes” and found its way into CF for a hit.

Since that time (and including that single), Hood is 12-20 (.600) and has raised his season batting average to .341

From 0-10 to 3-24 to 15-44. The kid is sizzling hot. And that’s not to mention that he’s made a few REALLY nice plays in the OF.

Brock is another one that hasn’t gotten near the results so far that he’s deserved. The kid barrels baseballs. I wouldn’t be surprised if the game starts to pay him back the way it has for Hood soon. And we may have seen the beginning of that last night with his 3 hits…although his last AB he hit a laser for an out. Stay tuned…

Kimple is another guy that needs some mention. He strikes out quite a bit, but that kid has been extremely consistent this season. He’s had at least one hit in 13 of his 15 games…while having multiple hits in 5 of the 15. And while he doesn’t look like a “burner” as a runner, he’s always making something happen on the base paths.

Finally, Kyle Debarge. After beginning the season (and his college career) 3 for 18, Debarge has gone 15-44 (.341) over the last 11 games. His future is obviously very bright.

Marusak coming back, and being in his previous form, would really lengthen this lineup and make it pretty darn salty. While I hate that he’s missed so much time, I think its been a bit of a blessing with the emergence of Hood and Will Veillon…who’s also been really good.

I said in another post that once Marusak is back, and if they can get one of Lada, Rincones, Willis, or Brandon going…this has a chance to be one of the better offensive lineups we’ve seen here in a while.
    You have said a mouth full here. Hood is on fire bc 1- Deggs stuck with him 2- There was no other real choice but to stick with him 3- he was allowed to settle in and adjust to D1 baseball. Dex Kjerstad started the season 1-26…but we stuck with him. He wasnt constantly looking over his shoulder worrying about someone else taking his spot in the lineup. The first 10 games only 4 guys had that fortune…Brock, Robinson, Debarge, and Roco. Its was musical chairs throughout the rest of the lineup. With Max unfortunately getting injured, its settled some things by default. And when he comes back it will only deepen this lineup.

Default Re: BB: Louisiana 10, Mcneese 8

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    What does that even mean? Also, I'm sure a healthy dose of that 400 were Louisiana fans. I tried to watch at one point, but it was like it was being filmed on a 2003 Motorola Razr phone.
    Older fans what? I think he was over medicated writing that.

5. Default Re: BB: Louisiana 10, Mcneese 8

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Older fans what? I think he was over medicated writing that.
    He’s just tired of getting crushed. He’s upset with the money base who want it to be a reborn rivalry.

IMO the Brokebacks still win way too often.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information