Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Other Shoe Dropped

Default Re: The Other Shoe Dropped

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not this year. The NIT is only a 16 team tournament and they are not guaranteeing conference champions a spot this year.
    Back to 32 for the men’s. Women have 64 this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.eam-field/amp/

https://womensnit.com/news/2022/3/13.announced.aspx

CIT is being rebranded to “The Basketball Classic”. 32 teams, no longer pay to play. Can’t find bracket, found list of 12 going, 4 declines on Wikipedia. Flo sports broadcasting.

In the expanded WNIT, no at large from the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That was a good read
    So. It's fine to openly buy/hire a football player from the "portal" whateva that is but not ok to buy/hire a basset ball player? Help me out what's the difference?? What in blue blazes is the "portal"? I'm serious I can't figga out what's going on.really Wouldn't it be better to have "players" apply for a job at the school as a player?? I mean that's what it seems like the schools are doing.right? Why are the basset ball jones's being put in jail and the football one's aren't? What a mess

Quote Originally Posted by olhardhead View Post
    So. It's fine to openly buy/hire a football player from the "portal" whateva that is but not ok to buy/hire a basset ball player? Help me out what's the difference?? What in blue blazes is the "portal"? I'm serious I can't figga out what's going on.really Wouldn't it be better to have "players" apply for a job at the school as a player?? I mean that's what it seems like the schools are doing.right? Why are the basset ball jones's being put in jail and the football one's aren't? What a mess
    You can’t buy any player at the college level. While the NCAA has quickly shown that it is ill prepared to manage Name Image and Likeness deals, the one thing they do make clear is you can’t “pay to play.” Are schools and boosters doing that, absolutely. Can you do that under the rules, no. Not in any sport.

I’ve heard Alice shoe fans make the argument that Wade paying players is legal now. No it’s not.

Looks like it's the death penalty for McNeese.

I'll be shocked if Little Willy gets less than a ten year show cause penalty. His future is in the NBA.

Who was that Saturday morning talk show host that would kiss little willy's @$$ after he and Bob marlin almost got into it? I will wade for you, I will wade for you. So glad he got what he deserved for people out there like that idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Who was that Saturday morning talk show host that would kiss little willy's @$$ after he and Bob marlin almost got into it? I will wade for you, I will wade for you. So glad he got what he deserved for people out there like that idiot.
    Probably Mr. Bitter

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

CIT is being rebranded to “The Basketball Classic”. 32 teams, no longer pay to play. Can’t find bracket, found list of 12 going, 4 declines on Wikipedia. Flo sports broadcasting.

South Al is hosting SLU

Costal is hosting Maryland-eastern shore

App is hosting USC Upstate

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll be shocked if Little Willy gets less than a ten year show cause penalty. His future is in the NBA.
    . I mentioned the NBA possibility for Coach WAde to someone yesterday. Response was His personality may make it difficult for him to get respect from pro players. These guys are not kids who need him for their livelihood. He may end up in a scouting or video role. ThAt way his interaction with players is minimized.

I knew what happened Saturday would be a day who’s coming was inevitable since back in 2018. In mAny ways I was looking forward to that day. However the Lenten season of my Catholic faith reminds me not to take pleasure in the misfortune of another. Therefore I will pray Coach Wade finds a way to contribute to society going forward. That does not mean what happened was not deserved. It most definitely was. What is unfortunate is the 6 million dollars LSU paid him despite knowing Saturday was coming

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Looks like it's the death penalty for McNeese.
    HAHA!!

We arent out of the woods either!!

Z

12. Default Re: The Other Shoe Dropped

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I knew what happened Saturday would be a day who’s coming was inevitable since back in 2018. In mAny ways I was looking forward to that day. However the Lenten season of my Catholic faith reminds me not to take pleasure in the misfortune of another. Therefore I will pray Coach Wade finds a way to contribute to society going forward. That does not mean what happened was not deserved. It most definitely was. What is unfortunate is the 6 million dollars LSU paid him despite knowing Saturday was coming
    ……the Holy Father announces for Cajunmike to be started on the road to Saint hood…….patron of College basketball! Damn hard to forgive, but that is the rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……the Holy Father announces for Cajunmike to be started on the road to Saint hood…….patron of College basketball! Damn hard to forgive, but that is the rule!
    If Mike becomes a saint, would that make us third class relics?? We’ve touched him! Of course we’re relics anyhow. Archaeologically.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

So, what is that a total of 128 teams in post season play and we can't even make that with the talent we had this year? Just what does it take to make a change? Had we won the conference championship game, we would be facing #1 Gonzaga in opening game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Sorry I'll go to confession but I am reveling in what is going on over there. I was there when that fan base were such A-holes after Tony R got kicked out of a regional baseball game. I have almost gotten in fist fights with those folks for having the brazen balls to cheer for my team while they were kicking our arses in football.

No I want them to feel every bit of anguish they are feeling. And not just basket ball. LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL should mean sanctions in all sports if the NCAA has any sense of integrity

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information