Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Jambalaya Shoppe

1. What a Downer The Jambalaya Shoppe

Am I hearing correctly, that the Jambalaya Shoppe will be closing in Lafayette for good on March 26th. I have never eaten there and don't know if it is good or not, but I know Brad Topham is the owner and hate to hear this.

Does anyone know for sure if this is the case?

2. Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

That’s a sad bit of news. I never ate there because I’m out of town, but the stuff at the Tigue was pretty good.

3. Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

Sounds legit.
    Not sure if it’s just the Lafayette location though

Unfortunate for all involved. UL loses a sponsor potentially, Tigue loses a vendor, local job losses obviously, and not sure how it affects Brad but can’t be great.

Sign of the times I guess. Lafayette needed a good jambalaya spot, I thought.

Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

Hate to see this. I’ve eaten at the Lafayette location when I’m in that area. Also one of the best local vendors at Cajun Field.

I am not a rice eater so I've never had the Jambalya. I have had their gumbo no rice many times and it was pretty darn good. First pot and Paddle now Jambalaya shop those just seem to do better in the BR area. Probably don't have to compete with the good plate lunches in BR like here.

6. Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

I’m just going to say this, I miss my mom’s jambalaya. Can’t say it was very spicy, but it was heavenly. I’ve tried but cannot come close to duplicating it. There’s no way it could be sold commercially, way too much quality beef.

7. Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I am not a rice eater so I've never had the Jambalya. I have had their gumbo no rice many times and it was pretty darn good. First pot and Paddle now Jambalaya shop those just seem to do better in the BR area. Probably don't have to compete with the good plate lunches in BR like here.
    Why do you avoid rice, the perfect neutral starch.
    When I was under six I would never touch the stuff, but came gravy and obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Tough to compete in an area where 10 year old can cook one

The store itself was doing fine and a good business. There are a few things that went into the closing. First, it is hard as hell to get employees. The cost of chicken continues to rise. Also, it is a demanding lifestyle for anyone who has ever owned a business, more specifically, a restaurant.

I only wish the best for Brad and Lane, GOOD PEOPLE!

Well that is extremely disappointing. I have picked up food from there numerous times and always enjoyed it. Lately I have been eating the pastalya from there and it has been delicious. Hate to see a local and Cajun supporter business closing.

Bummer.

Good stuff. Eaten there a bit and picked up for parties, but obviously not enough.

Sucks.

12. Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

Seems like this business could find a buyer.

13. Default ESPN 1420 The Jambalaya Shoppe in Lafayette Closing Its Doors Soon

For the last six years, the Jambalaya Shoppe has served up delicious food for the community. It will soon be closing its doors for good.

Default Re: ESPN 1420 The Jambalaya Shoppe in Lafayette Closing Its Doors Soon

Jambalaya Shoppe was the only place we would drive from Youngsville that far down Ambassador to get. Loved it, really bummed.

Landlord wanted to go up another $1100 per month on the lease. They couldn't come to an agreement. Business was good.

Brad is going to be fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information