Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Jambalaya Shoppe

1. Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Landlord wanted to go up another $1100 per month on the lease. They couldn't come to an agreement. Business was good.

Brad is going to be fine.
    That location may not be worth $1,100 a month. Well I hope he likes what he probably will get which is $0,000.00 per month . . .

Default Re: The Jambalaya Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That location may not be worth $1,100 a month. Well I hope he likes what he probably will get which is $0,000.00 per month . . .
    That's 1100 MORE than what he was already paying.

Hope he opens at another location

Judging by our conversation yesterday, I think Brad is done with the restaurant business.

Having been there and done that. Feel for them. Extremely tough business and the between oilfield tanking, COVID, and now in credible inflation with a lack of workers it is amazing we haven't seen more closures.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Hate to see this. I’ve eaten at the Lafayette location when I’m in that area. Also one of the best local vendors at Cajun Field.
    Damn. So now we're losing Deano's and jambalaya shoppe at football and baseball games. Both were much better options than the generic crap that suckdickso sells

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Having been there and done that. Feel for them. Extremely tough business and the between oilfield tanking, COVID, and now in credible inflation with a lack of workers it is amazing we haven't seen more closures.
    More are coming.

Hello Jay!

Ps. Will never forget your kindness the time I needed it!

Pss. My sincere thanks to you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Am I hearing correctly, that the Jambalaya Shoppe will be closing in Lafayette for good on March 26th. I have never eaten there and don't know if it is good or not, but I know Brad Topham is the owner and hate to hear this.

Does anyone know for sure if this is the case?
    Yes. There is a new food tenant going into that building

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Hope he opens at another location
    They are not.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Landlord wanted to go up another $1100 per month on the lease. They couldn't come to an agreement. Business was good.

Brad is going to be fine.
    Landlord is getting a hell of a lot more from the next tenant. I think all involved in the business were just tired at that point and wanted to move on. Business was OK but to be honest, you are not in the best area for a restaurant or QSR business.

Retail, office and especially residential rents have increased significantly, along with nearly everything else. Lafayette is an extremely competitive restaurant market with tons of turnover.

Outside of working with 1420 for 3 years, working with Brad was one of my favorite jobs I’ve ever had. Got to talk Cajuns sports and sports in general with him daily and it was just an all around fun job. When I started nearly 4 years ago we had about 15 employees and we are finishing with 6, most of them being students. Once COVID hit, we could hardly get anyone to apply. I enjoyed being able to come to the games and sell the food but unfortunately we have one more weekend left at the park. I’ll definitely miss it but it’s on to the next opportunity. Not sure what that will be just yet but I’m looking forward to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information