Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Deano's Pizza

1. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

One of the commenters on that post said something along the lines of “looked for you on Sunday,” and his response was that they were slammed at the restaurant and couldn’t make it to the park. Just not showing up on gameday and continuously not bringing enough pizza to make it past the 4th inning, “I have been asked not to return” is a really weird way of saying “I was in constant breach of the contract that I signed.”

2. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin View Post
    One of the commenters on that post said something along the lines of “looked for you on Sunday,” and his response was that they were slammed at the restaurant and couldn’t make it to the park. Just not showing up on gameday and continuously not bringing enough pizza to make it past the 4th inning, “I have been asked not to return” is a really weird way of saying “I was in constant breach of the contract that I signed.”
    Which was my entire reason for commenting in the first place. Dude tries to make it sound like he was run off and it was a UL issue. This guy constantly over promises and under delivers stuff to people he does business with. Couldn’t care less about his damn politics.

Default Re: Deano's Pizza

As one of the few liberals on this board, my go-to pizza places are Deano's and Pizza Village.

The owners of both establishments are pretty conservative guys.

I don't care about their politics.

That said, I think Tim painted himself as the victim in this, when he simply couldn't deliver (no pun intended...maybe).

I will still patronize his place, as I will go to Pizza Village.

On a side note, I can't believe a member of this board admitted to not only using Tony's, but bringing it onto hallowed ground

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Which was my entire reason for commenting in the first place. Dude tries to make it sound like he was run off and it was a UL issue. This guy constantly over promises and under delivers stuff to people he does business with. Couldn’t care less about his damn politics.
    Why haven’t you acknowledged the hunting portion?

5. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

I love Alesi’s pizza. I love Deano’s pizza. I love Pizza Village pizza. I love pizza . . .

6. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Why haven’t you acknowledged the hunting portion?
    Really not sure what he meant by that. Surely he didn’t really mean actual big game hunting…

The Bacchus from Deano's is straight fire.

Glad some were able to provide context on what actually happened here. Unfortunately the optics for this are bad for UL regardless of the facts. The discussion came up with the people around me at baseball on Sunday, and all seemed to be on the side of Deano's. No matter that the guy blatantly admitted in his message that he shouldn't have committed to the season.

Deano's aside though, Sodexo is trash. We would probably be better off if the fans made a simple ONLY Mr. Vic's and water/beer boycott of sorts. The fact that we have trash food for concessions in LAFAYETTE is just embarrassing. You can go to a high school game and get better.

9. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Glad some were able to provide context on what actually happened here. Unfortunately the optics for this are bad for UL regardless of the facts. The discussion came up with the people around me at baseball on Sunday, and all seemed to be on the side of Deano's. No matter that the guy blatantly admitted in his message that he shouldn't have committed to the season.

Deano's aside though, Sodexo is trash. We would probably be better off if the fans made a simple ONLY Mr. Vic's and water/beer boycott of sorts. The fact that we have trash food for concessions in LAFAYETTE is just embarrassing. You can go to a high school game and get better.
    I agree . . . A few Budweisers and a bag of Mr. Vic’s hot peanuts and I’m ready to watch some baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I love Alesi’s pizza. I love Deano’s pizza. I love Pizza Village pizza. I love pizza . . .
    Alesi's is my favorite in Lafayette. Always will be.

Staying away for a while though. Got tired of seeing the purple and gold on the staff there when the restaurant is full of folks in red. After the UL football championship game this year and a server had on P&G and LSU wasn't even playing, I decided I could do without for a bit.

11. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Staying away for a while though. Got tired of seeing the purple on gold on the staff there when the restaurant is full of folks in red. After the UL football championship game this year and a server had on P&G and LSU wasn't even playing, I decided I could do without for a bit.
    I order and pickup so would not have seen that. Sad to hear.

Staying away for a while though. Got tired of seeing the purple and gold on the staff there when the restaurant is full of folks in red. After the UL football championship game this year and a server had on P&G and LSU wasn't even playing, I decided I could do without for a bit.
    I'll eat Digiorno's before I'd eat Alesi's again. Just bad food. I don't know how they stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'll eat Digiorno's before I'd eat Alesi's again. Just bad food. I don't know how they stay open.
    Not really a fan of Alesia’s either, but I’d take it over Deano’s everyday. Hell, I’d eat Domino’s pizza before Deano’s.

14. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Deano's Pizza

Been a fan of Alesia since before most of y’all were a gleam in your grandad’s eye. Always enjoyed it, and always go there when I’m in Lafayette.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information