Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Deano's Pizza

Default Re: Deano's Pizza

So Papa John's is selling pizza at the ballpark now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Meh…at least it’s not Chuckie Cheese…

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Meh…at least it’s not Chuckie Cheese…
    Chuckie cheese pizza is much better honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Chuckie cheese pizza is much better honestly
    Haven’t had Pappa John’s or Chuckie Cheese in years. I’ll trust your judgment on this one…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The bigger issue is earlier in the season they had a different price for "domestic" vs "import". They were calling beers from Grarly Barley (Hammond), Bayou Tech (Arnaudville) and Parish (Broussard) imports, while beers like Corona (Mexico) and others were domestic. Myself and another gentlemen pointed this out to them and they looked at us like we were crazy. I said it doesn't get more domestic than Broussard, LA.
    I've had the same argument with them before . The whole domestic / import designation is outdated and predates the craft beer boom

That's a huge downgrade

7. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Do you know what it is the ? Genuinely curious.
    I’m glad you asked. Metcalf was under contract to provide certain amount of units to sell. He did not provide the units he signed on to provide. He was in breach of contract.

I don’t know much, but I know when Metcalf speaks, he’s FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’m glad you asked. Metcalf was under contract to provide certain amount of units to sell. He did not provide the units he signed on to provide. He was in breach of contract.

Pizza prepared off site won't hold well. It's going to be greasey and limp. It's a hard pass for me either way. I'm not surprised that Metcalf could honor his agreement with UL, he's all on on Prejean's right now.

9. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

I’m glad you asked. Metcalf was under contract to provide certain amount of units to sell.....
    Why wouldn't it be a flat fee agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We’ve got one under 5, but have been bringing them to games since they were babies.

But talking about the present, 4 and 7. Here’s the breakdown.

Football: we eat during the tailgate as much as we can depending on the time. If it’s early, we cram before we leave the house. Popcorn gets you 30 minutes in the game. That’s a constant. It’s your best friend until it gets knocked over. Which it will. Pretend to scold them from eating it off the deck and it’ll buy you another 10 without people judging you too much.

Kettle corn bags are the way to go. But eating a whole bag will put a grown man in the hospital. Kids seem to get stronger. I don’t understand the science. Any other food is bought just to buy time. Crap burgers or hot dogs. We never go pizza, although I love it. If we make it through the second half, we need snack which we bring in. Tons and tons of snacks.

Softball: run rule is the key. Rip it like a band aid. That park is really conducive to children if you sit in the outfield. It’s perfect. We go there the most. We bring snacks, again. It’s good now at these ages, but in potty trading phase, we leave when a child has leveraged crapping their pants vs. using the actual bathroom by the hitting facility.

Baseball: have not brought a kid at this age. I like baseball too much and enjoy it now much more when i can listen to it at home or watch it on TV. Uninterrupted. I guess that’s why we’ve stayed away, but we’re going to go. Babies are okay, but their clock starts ticking from when you leave the car. I guess the same can go for any sport and not being able re enter sucks for moms with babies. Not knocking the policy, but that kept us away with babies from all sports.

Even without that. It’s about 6 innings with a 3 year old.

Basketball: very good for kiddos. It’s 2 ish hours. It’s indoors. Again, popcorn buys you 20-30. And it’s empty enough to where they can run around.

Conclusion: In my case, concessions don’t matter, but I see why they do to others. We just plan the games differently as needed. I spent 20 dollars on potato wedges + “pork” at a Nuggets game in November. I like that we have local vendors. I may not use them, but others are.

We’ll go to Deano’s before the game. They’re the best.
    Tell me more about this we bring in snacks?

Major downgrade and highly unacceptable! These concession and ticket contracts are killing our efforts to bring in casual fans.

I disagree that food would be a reason people come to the games or not. But who knows. I know when we use to tailgate for baseball some came just for the tailgate and some made it to the games and still do.

Yeah, kinda like you.

MAT, I don't know Tim Metcalf really well but well enough to know that he isn't FOS. You may not like his politics or the fact that he is a big game hunter, but the dude brings a strong product and his parking lot is packed every weekend. He's doing something right.

Z

I typically try to avoid concessions outside of beer and peanuts but I was starving one day so I ventured down. After checking out the options I decided “they couldn’t screw up chicken strips right?”

Wrong. Rock solid strips that were 95% batter and fries that were cold and hard.

Learned my lesson.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information