Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Deano's Pizza

Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Yall talking about Big Kahuna. The philly cheesesteaks were amazing. And during lent he always had Salmon Burgers. Paid and made your own change out the cash drawer while he served you up. Great food!

2. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post
    Yall talking about Big Kahuna. The philly cheesesteaks were amazing. And during lent he always had Salmon Burgers. Paid and made your own change out the cash drawer while he served you up. Great food!
    What ever happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That brings up another question:

How many of y’all have kids 5 and under?

How long do they normally last at games?

My wife and I have a debate about this going on right now.
    We’ve got one under 5, but have been bringing them to games since they were babies.

But talking about the present, 4 and 7. Here’s the breakdown.

Football: we eat during the tailgate as much as we can depending on the time. If it’s early, we cram before we leave the house. Popcorn gets you 30 minutes in the game. That’s a constant. It’s your best friend until it gets knocked over. Which it will. Pretend to scold them from eating it off the deck and it’ll buy you another 10 without people judging you too much.

Kettle corn bags are the way to go. But eating a whole bag will put a grown man in the hospital. Kids seem to get stronger. I don’t understand the science. Any other food is bought just to buy time. Crap burgers or hot dogs. We never go pizza, although I love it. If we make it through the second half, we need snack which we bring in. Tons and tons of snacks.

Softball: run rule is the key. Rip it like a band aid. That park is really conducive to children if you sit in the outfield. It’s perfect. We go there the most. We bring snacks, again. It’s good now at these ages, but in potty trading phase, we leave when a child has leveraged crapping their pants vs. using the actual bathroom by the hitting facility.

Baseball: have not brought a kid at this age. I like baseball too much and enjoy it now much more when i can listen to it at home or watch it on TV. Uninterrupted. I guess that’s why we’ve stayed away, but we’re going to go. Babies are okay, but their clock starts ticking from when you leave the car. I guess the same can go for any sport and not being able re enter sucks for moms with babies. Not knocking the policy, but that kept us away with babies from all sports.

Even without that. It’s about 6 innings with a 3 year old.

Basketball: very good for kiddos. It’s 2 ish hours. It’s indoors. Again, popcorn buys you 20-30. And it’s empty enough to where they can run around.

Conclusion: In my case, concessions don’t matter, but I see why they do to others. We just plan the games differently as needed. I spent 20 dollars on potato wedges + “pork” at a Nuggets game in November. I like that we have local vendors. I may not use them, but others are.

We’ll go to Deano’s before the game. They’re the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We’ve got one under 5, but have been bringing them to games since they were babies.

But talking about the present, 4 and 7. Here’s the breakdown.

Football: we eat during the tailgate as much as we can depending on the time. If it’s early, we cram before we leave the house. Popcorn gets you 30 minutes in the game. That’s a constant. It’s your best friend until it gets knocked over. Which it will. Pretend to scold them from eating it off the deck and it’ll buy you another 10 without people judging you too much.

Kettle corn bags are the way to go. But eating a whole bag will put a grown man in the hospital. Kids seem to get stronger. I don’t understand the science. Any other food is bought just to buy time. Crap burgers or hot dogs. We never go pizza, although I love it. If we make it through the second half, we need snack which we bring in. Tons and tons of snacks.

Softball: run rule is the key. Rip it like a band aid. That park is really conducive to children if you sit in the outfield. It’s perfect. We go there the most. We bring snacks, again. It’s good now at these ages, but in potty trading phase, we leave when a child has leveraged crapping their pants vs. using the actual bathroom by the hitting facility.

Baseball: have not brought a kid at this age. I like baseball too much and enjoy it now much more when i can listen to it at home or watch it on TV. Uninterrupted. I guess that’s why we’ve stayed away, but we’re going to go. Babies are okay, but their clock starts ticking from when you leave the car. I guess the same can go for any sport and not being able re enter sucks for moms with babies. Not knocking the policy, but that kept us away with babies from all sports.

Even without that. It’s about 6 innings with a 3 year old.

Basketball: very good for kiddos. It’s 2 ish hours. It’s indoors. Again, popcorn buys you 20-30. And it’s empty enough to where they can run around.

Conclusion: In my case, concessions don’t matter, but I see why they do to others. We just plan the games differently as needed. I spent 20 dollars on potato wedges + “pork” at a Nuggets game in November. I like that we have local vendors. I may not use them, but others are.

We’ll go to Deano’s before the game. They’re the best.
    I sat in my seats for maybe 30 in game minutes this year in football. It's straight to the hill for my 3 year old. He could play on that thing for 6 hours no stop. fights us to leave after the game has ended.

5. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    Big question.....Is Canebrake considered a craft beer ? For the first 2 weeks of baseball is was not and in the 3rd week it is. Need a ruling quick !!!
    The bigger issue is earlier in the season they had a different price for "domestic" vs "import". They were calling beers from Grarly Barley (Hammond), Bayou Tech (Arnaudville) and Parish (Broussard) imports, while beers like Corona (Mexico) and others were domestic. Myself and another gentlemen pointed this out to them and they looked at us like we were crazy. I said it doesn't get more domestic than Broussard, LA.

6. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The bigger issue is earlier in the season they had a different price for "domestic" vs "import". They were calling beers from Grarly Barley (Hammond), Bayou Tech (Arnaudville) and Parish (Broussard) imports, while beers like Corona (Mexico) and others were domestic. Myself and another gentlemen pointed this out to them and they looked at us like we were crazy. I said it doesn't get more domestic than Broussard, LA.
    They had their vernacular wrong and just didn’t know it.

Pretty much anything that's a Bud/Miller/Coors product gets the "domestic" label, then everything else is either "import" or "craft". Restaurants/vendors who are too lazy to care about the labeling just throw everything that's not labeled "domestic" as "import", even if it was brewed and bottled just ten miles down the road.

I feel your pain !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Pretty much anything that's a Bud/Miller/Coors product gets the "domestic" label, then everything else is either "import" or "craft". Restaurants/vendors who are too lazy to care about the labeling just throw everything that's not labeled "domestic" as "import", even if it was brewed and bottled just ten miles down the road.
    It's really all about the price point of these products.

10. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    It's really all about the price point of these products.
    I know that, but as a serious connoisseur of Craft beer, you do not call local craft beer import. Sodexo should know this. We pointed out to them that it should be craft not import. You don't import ____ from Broussard, La to Tigue Moore Field. The funny thing is I don't care, but get you vernacular correct.

11. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You have just gotten better options. My Aunt is old school would only eat burgers from judice inn. She started trying others around town and now say Judice inn has gone down hill ... LOL
    I like this take!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Deano’s is still my number #1 for pizza. Pizza Village runs a good number 2
    Actually, I prefer BJ’s. The place is dated, and they don’t have the speciality ones like deano’s, but the one they do make are better than deano’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I have 3 boys who have been going to the park since they were newborns. They are now 6, 4, and 4. I have made it a point to keep them the entire game since they were very young even if they would fall asleep. All three of mine as babies would sleep with the generic crowd noise. I can't remember ever having to leave early outside of it being way too hot, way too cold or raining with a young infant. At this point they rage until the end.
    Sup Bird!

Quote Originally Posted by bbernard6 View Post
    Sup Bird!
    Sup Tee Baw!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Actually, I prefer BJ’s. The place is dated, and they don’t have the speciality ones like deano’s, but the one they do make are better than deano’s.
    Not a fan of BJ's pizza, but man, the Peggy's Delight is FIYA!!!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information