Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Deano's Pizza

Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Bingo! Eat before the game and enjoy the game without paying the high concession prices for generally bad food.
    Try that with a 3 year old ...Lmao!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Try that with a 3 year old ...Lmao!!
    Yeah for Friday games we get off work at 5ish, pick up kids from school/daycare at 5:30 and have to huff it to the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Yeah for Friday games we get off work at 5ish, pick up kids from school/daycare at 5:30 and have to huff it to the ballpark.
    Plus as soon as we get to the ball park . I want ice cream / nacho/ hot dog etc..

The last mid week game he ate a family size bag of m&m

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Plus as soon as we get to the ball park . I want ice cream / nacho/ hot dog etc..

The last mid week game I let him eat a family size bag of m&ms for supper
    LOL. Same.

Against Southern Miss last Friday all three of mine split a bucket of kettle corn. Passed out on the way home so that was their dinner.

5. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I can deal with average food, priced high but served quickly so I don't miss an entire inning. Over priced, bad food served very slowly is a deal breaker.

I think they are using local HS band members, which is fine. They are simply poorly trained and managed.
    …..Well for years I have saved the large soft drinks cups….they have now cut the size in half….kinda started at basketball and now all in for baseball…..,,.yes same price…..loved HUD and team baseball pics…. Not so much the basketball court swamp scene!

6. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    LOL. Same.

Against Southern Miss last Friday all three of mine split a bucket of kettle corn. Passed out on the way home so that was their dinner.
    That brings up another question:

How many of y’all have kids 5 and under?

How long do they normally last at games?

My wife and I have a debate about this going on right now.

I know NOTHING about this particular situation, but the concessions at baseball are just awful. Between Ticketmaster fees and what Sodexo provides for concessions, I'm skeptical at best with our move to B&N for merch.

8. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Just seeing a thread named "Dean-o's Pizza" is going to make me have to make a drive down to Lafayette in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

5-6 innings is about our max

I have 3 boys who have been going to the park since they were newborns. They are now 6, 4, and 4. I have made it a point to keep them the entire game since they were very young even if they would fall asleep. All three of mine as babies would sleep with the generic crowd noise. I can't remember ever having to leave early outside of it being way too hot, way too cold or raining with a young infant. At this point they rage until the end.

I don't have any now, but my son since the age of 3 would make an entire weekend series with me. If he found out I went with out him he'd be p!$$ed. He would sit on our shoulders and talk to the opposing bull pen. He loved sand lot and would tell them, "you play ball like a girl". With encouragement from his uncles of course. Needless to say by sunday afternoon he was exhausted but loved every minute of it.

For my grand kids 5 and 6 the average is about 4 innings and max 5, 6

The Tigue (and other UL athletic events) should be known for good food. It’s our culture. But we moving backwards

First weekend I ordered some chili fritos and they looked beautiful with top layer of fritos covered with chili. I looked around for a fork or spoon and did not see any. Then I asked and was told there was not even a chopstick to eat with. Got my refund and returned to my seat and missed some of the action. Tried again last weekend and made sure I had a fork before I ordered. About a thimble of chili and cheese. Done.

Thanks go out to Deanos who kept many fans from starving over many years.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information