Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Deano's Pizza

Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The only decent thing left are Vic's peanuts. The concession stand food is inedible. Even the popcorn is the worst ever served and the service is worse than that. Clueless help working at a snails pace. I've been to the concession stand exactly once this season.
    The guy that works the lemonade stand moves so slow he may be going backwards. I was the third person in line on Sunday and it took him him 22 minutes to get to me. Its the same at football. When Roy's was the lemonade vendor those cats were pumping out lemonades at lightning speed.

2. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    And Sedexo food is so awesome right ? Deano's [Metcalf] have given time and money to this university for years. This is all because Sedexo is butt hurt and the UL admin doesn't have the spine to deal with it. Let's cut loose the only good food in the ballpark. Another brilliant move to keep the fans coming back.
    Hmm.. I knew I’d smoke someone out. There’s A LOT more to this story.

3. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    The guy that works the lemonade stand moves so slow he may be going backwards. I was the third person in line on Sunday and it took him him 22 minutes to get to me. Its the same at football. When Roy's was the lemonade vendor those cats were pumping out lemonades at lightning speed.
    And it is about 80% ice, and 20% lemonade.

4. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

The fried catfish guy was the best ever at that place.
    Remember the hogie guy? That guy was the best thing that ever happened to food at the Tigue.

My wife gets the lemonade about every other game. She says it has yet to taste the same twice. SMH. One time its like slightly flavored bottle water. The next it is 40% sugar. The concessions have turned into a joke. I give up. We simply go out to eat before the game, if we hungry.

John and his wife were awesome. Sno balls and catfish. I was the concessions manager for the Cajundome back in 2005 and we had concessions for all UL sporting events. We loved bringing in as many local vendors as would want to come. They do all the work, cover all the overhead and we get 30%. Plus gives the fans more options while at the event. No brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Remember the hogie guy? That guy was the best thing that ever happened to food at the Tigue.
    I miss him every game.

8. Default Re: Deano's Pizza

My wife gets the lemonade about every other game. She says it has yet to taste the same twice. SMH. The concessions have turned into a joke. We simply go out to eat before the game, if we hungry.
    I do this also and stick to Vic’s peanuts and 16 oz Budweisers at the game. There are no expectations other than for it to be cold, it always taste the same and you always get the same amount.

Hmm.. I knew I’d smoke someone out. There’s A LOT more to this story.
    And let me guess, only you know and you ain't tellin, Right ?

I second this. I looked forward to going to the ballpark to eat, when he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Sodexo cut is so massive no one really wants to try. I've heard between 30-40%
    That's a disappointing fact for me to learn. The local vendors were part of what made the Tigue great for me growing up. And as others have pointed out - the general Sodexo concessions are not good at all. And as others pointed out - food is a huge part of our culture and the university's culture. This makes our ballpark and the Acadiana area attractive. I think this is something the AD's office should be spending time thinking about as far as issues that need improvement.

I'm currently fasting for lent and thinking about this ain't helping!! LOL. I loved that guy too.

Up stairs general concession was horrible sunday. 3 slow high school students doing some sort of fundraising. If you ordered a beer they had to get one lady who worked for sodexo to get it. Which means you tied up 2 people. In a line 3 deep it took me 20 minutes to get a water.

My wife gets the lemonade about every other game. She says it has yet to taste the same twice. SMH. One time its like slightly flavored bottle water. The next it is 40% sugar. The concessions have turned into a joke. I give up. We simply go out to eat before the game, if we hungry.
    Bingo! Eat before the game and enjoy the game without paying the high concession prices for generally bad food.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Bingo! Eat before the game and enjoy the game without paying the high concession prices for generally bad food.
    I can deal with average food, priced high but served quickly so I don't miss an entire inning. Over priced, bad food served very slowly is a deal breaker.

I think they are using local HS band members, which is fine. They are simply poorly trained and managed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information