Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge Schedule announcement

1. UL Tennis Huge Schedule announcement

The No. 37-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team has announced the addition of a home match at Cajun Courts for Thursday, April 7, setting up a potential nationally ranked matchup for the fans of the Acadiana tennis community.

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Huge Schedule announcement

I know I am the resident Cajun Tennis fan on this board and not a lot of people follow it, but I just noticed something on the Cajuns Men's Tennis schedule that looks like it was just added (had not been there previously). The Cajuns will be hosting FAU at Cajun Courts on April 7th at 3 PM. The reason this a huge deal, is I personally feel as though both teams will be fighting for rankings at this point in the season. The Cajuns need to add as many ranked opponents as possible to make sure that they have a chance to no only get a possible at large bid if they don't win the SBC, but to improve their rankings for a potential #2 seed. Right now they are a bubble team between a #2 and #3 seed. Tennis works similar to softball, their is a clear #1 seed and then the other 4 teams are not really seeded, but you can tell where #2, #3 and #4 are based on rankings. Right now with the Cajuns being #37 and possibly moving up but no other ranked opponents currently on their schedule they are looking to make a move. So they have added #55 ranked FAU to their schedule. FAU is 9-2 with some nice wins this season including Depaul, FGCU, USF Santa Clara and Georgia State. Their losses have been to UC-Santa Barbara and Miami, Miami is currently ranked #21 and UCSB is #56. The Cajun schedule still shows #2 ranked Baylor as postponed, but I would be shocked to see if this match happens. I think bringing in #55 FAU (specifically for a home match) is huge. We should know alot more about FAU after March 17th when they play UTSA a team we have faced twice and April 2nd when they face USM.

April 7th is a Thursday and we don't have a baseball or softball game going on. For those of you that have the chance you may want to see if you can get out to Cajun Courts to watch some top ranked tennis face off. This could be a matchup of two top 40 or better teams at that point in the season. The doubles usually takes an hour or so to play, so by 4 or 4:30 it would be expected that the singles would get under way. If you can get off of work and go cheer for your nationally ranked Cajuns it would be great.

I'm gonna do everything I can to get out there for some part of it. My daughter has a softball game that evening, but I am going to try to catch some of it.

3. Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

This is similar to the equivalent of if Michigan State and Notre Dame (similar RPI's in basketball) announced in late January that the week before their Conference Championship Tournaments began, that they had schedule a game for that week.

Seriously unheard of stuff as you are preparing for the conference tournaments. I believe that Coach Godin believes he really has a chance to at least make it to the second round of the NCAA tournament with this team.

4. Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

I had no clue our tennis team was even successful - that’s awesome! Another sport to keep an eye on. Geaux UL

Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

I work with an LSU alum who played tennis there. He commented this week on how well we were doing and said he even went out to watch them play in the Corpus Christi tournament. I was sort of embarrassed he knew more than I did.

6. Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    I work with an LSU alum who played tennis there. He commented this week on how well we were doing and said he even went out to watch them play in the Corpus Christi tournament. I was sort of embarrassed he knew more than I did.
    The Corpus tournament is a big event with usually some pretty good teams involved the Cajuns swept through the tournament beating 2 Top 75 teams in UTSA and ETSU. They have another huge win on the season over #36 ranked Texas Tech.

Will this be just men? Or women to? I like looking at the skirts.

8. Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Will this be just men? Or women to? I like looking at the skirts.
    The women don't have a match that day, so no just the men. But if you are interested you can go see any of the women's matches at any point, in fact they have two home matches this Saturday and Sunday morning at 10 AM vs USA and Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The women don't have a match that day, so no just the men. But if you are interested you can go see any of the women's matches at any point, in fact they have two home matches this Saturday and Sunday morning at 10 AM vs USA and Troy.
    I went to a women’s tennis match once when I was in college. The sights and sounds were amazing. Lots grunting and when they open a can of tennis balls it sounds like a cold beer being popped opened. I highly recommend to any of you young lads still in school.

10. Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I went to a women’s tennis match once when I was in college. The sights and sounds were amazing. Lots grunting and when they open a can of tennis balls it sounds like a cold beer being popped opened. I highly recommend to any of you young lads still in school.
    Why the limit on your recommendation?

11. Default Re: Huge Schedule announcement

And they are free to attend. The mens matches have always had free food in the past.

Deano’s
    Cajun claws

To name a few

Can anyone tell me the current record of the Women's Tennis team? Are they as good as Men's Tennis?

This! LOL!

We are planning on making it out there. But we were planning on making it out there Saturday also and didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Why the limit on your recommendation?
    I didn’t want to look like a dirty old man Vic. I’ll see you there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information