Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by mtrammell17 View Post
    Brad has got 6 pages of threads in less than 24 hours. The guy brings interest!

Brad is UL all the way. He bleeds UL.

When I spoke about Biddy Basketball, the man helps run the program with his wife's family. The program is huge, obviously for the ones commented negatively, you have never attended a game at this program. My intention was to show his management skills. Coaching is alot of management skills.

I helped run a small AAU program, Brad's tourneys were always the best run and organized. Again credit to his management skills.
    My daughter played in the program. It still has absolutely no place on a resume for a D1 college coach. I bet he wouldn’t even put it on his own resume. “Runs great biddy program.” The AD reading that resume would probably get a good laugh.

2. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    My daughter played in the program. It still has absolutely no place on a resume for a D1 college coach. I bet he wouldn’t even put it on his own resume. “Runs great biddy program.” The AD reading that resume would probably get a good laugh.
    It’s not necessarily how you start . . . its how you finish . . . three days in March

We have literally a negative chance at getting Kelvin Sampson to leave Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post
    We have literally a negative chance at getting Kelvin Sampson to leave Houston.
    I think he meant his son, Kellen.

5. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I think he meant his son, Kellen.
    For $250,000 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Who knows, Maggard might of already had a good laugh here.

When a poster obviously uses multiple names, another puts reason for editing “wrong user name”, it’s comical.

I already wished Brad the best. Job security right now is paramount, happy he has offers today.

This thread does zero to help him in what is already a long shot on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Sorry that my response wasn't as acerbic as yours.

I simply stated what I took from Jay's statements; maybe I'm wrong with my understanding, maybe I'm not.

I happen to think there is quality talent on this team, but yes, I was just as disappointed in this season as the next guy. But I also would hate to see a massive turnover.

Obviously, you're displeased with Marlin. And it appears you think the talent is sub-standard. And I guess you'd be cool with wiping the slate clean.

Me? I just hope we win more than we lose next year, regardless of who the coach and who the players are.
    Geezus! I HOPE they wipe the slate clean and start over! I dont want any remnants of the Marlin era!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, because this is a fan forum so there will be interest. You could post a question about what is our favorite air freshener and you'd get responses. The fact is Brad is beloved by the fan base because he helped bring excitement but when choosing a head coach, due diligence needs to be conducted and his credentials shouldn't be enough to become the HC here. I absolutely endorse him being on staff though.
    Without reading his credentials that he posted earlier, did/do you even know what his credentials are?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Without reading his credentials that he posted earlier, did/do you even know what his credentials are?
    I know he doesn't have the credentials, at this time, to get head gig at a mid major level in men's basketball. Why? Are you advocating he be hired?

10. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

We spent all the change on Florida’s new HC. We are scaling back money until we can pay the existing bills. That is why much of our FB coaching staff were consultants being called up. Many times this is a good thing. Plenty of good young innovative coaches out there.

I know he doesn't have the credentials, at this time, to get head gig at a mid major level in men's basketball. Why? Are you advocating he be hired?
    Just curious.

If Brad has ambitions to coach at the D1 level, why hasn't he attempted to gain experience as an assistant coach with a university?

I have a Master's Degree in Public Administration and over 25 years working with a public entity, but I'm quite sure I can't do Dr. Maggard's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    We spent all the change on Florida’s new HC. We are scaling back money until we can pay the existing bills. That is why much of our FB coaching staff were consultants being called up. Many times this is a good thing. Plenty of good young innovative coaches out there.
    The football staff budget is the same as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Just curious.

If Brad has ambitions to coach at the D1 level, why hasn't he attempted to gain experience as an assistant coach with a university?

I have a Master's Degree in Public Administration and over 25 years working with a public entity, but I'm quite sure I can't do Dr. Maggard's job.
    No idea. We'd need to ask him that one. My understanding is he and Marlin may have had some sort of dust up several years ago and may have burned a bridge or two.

Matters none whether Im advocating his hire or not. I asked if you knew exactly what they were to form your opinion. Im gonna assume you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Matters none whether Im advocating his hire or not. I asked if you knew exactly what they were to form your opinion. Im gonna assume you dont.
    Yeah, it aint hard to see what they are. Either way, I know he's not yet qualified to lead a MBB team at the collegiate level. It doesn't take a genius to see this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information