Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Sorry that my response wasn't as acerbic as yours.

I simply stated what I took from Jay's statements; maybe I'm wrong with my understanding, maybe I'm not.

I happen to think there is quality talent on this team, but yes, I was just as disappointed in this season as the next guy. But I also would hate to see a massive turnover.

Obviously, you're displeased with Marlin. And it appears you think the talent is sub-standard. And I guess you'd be cool with wiping the slate clean.

Me? I just hope we win more than we lose next year, regardless of who the coach and who the players are.
    I mean I would not get upset about guys leaving from a squad that lost to a bad swac school. If Marlin is brought back I see where Maggard stands with athletics . If mediocrity is rewarded not a great sign going forward.

Mecom was the original owner of the Saints.

Finley owned the Oakland A's and tried to deal off the roster of a back-to-back World Series champion for a bag of peanut M&Ms and a $10 gift certificate to Western Sizzler.
    The A's won 3 straight, 72'-74' under Finley. Tell me about Mecom's Championships. Finley also was able to get Joe DiMaggio onto the staff of the A's, not a small accomplishment and not something well known. Finley scouted and brought aboard Rickey Henderson and also Tony LaRussa, so he also played a part in creating those exciting late 80's A's teams. Finley was willing to do things that most would never consider possible. Say what you want but if we had Finley making the decisions our crowds would be huge for basketball.

Bad comparison with Mecom.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    I did 2 years with Coach Lee as an assistant coach. I have also been the Head Coach of an ABA team, and the head coach of LA UNITED in the TBT summer Tourney for $2 Million Dollars, for 2 seasons where I coached Pros. I was a player a coach for 3 years as well. 2 NIT bid and 1 NCAA bid. I just wanna be a part of making UL Basketball better. Head Coach or Assistant, when the time comes, I’ll be ready. #GeauxCajuns #JustWinBaby
    I hope you get a chance. I remember those early 2000's days very well as a student. Makes me sad to see the lack of excitement around our basketball program today. We HAVE to get it going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Most of what you said I agree with. Who cares if the roster of a 500 club stays intact.

But if Morris being promoted and Boyd being brought in as an assistant is your dream, you aren’t dreaming big enough.

Completely clean house.

Haven’t watched a bball game in 2 years. If a change is made I have a donation ready and might get my season tickets back.
    Good point. Maybe I shouldn’t say dream.
    I think Brock would make an excellent Head coach, but further thought it probably should be opened up to see what kind of interest we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I mean I would not get upset about guys leaving from a squad that lost to a bad swac school. If Marlin is brought back I see where Maggard stands with athletics . If mediocrity is rewarded not a great sign going forward.
    Maggard honestly has a true bigger fish to deal with. RCAF has donors giving money to a stadium that isn’t as close to being built as promised both in time and possibly size.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    The A's won 3 straight, 72'-74'. Finley also was able to get Joe DiMaggio onto the staff of the A's, not a small accomplishment and not something well known. Finley was willing to do things that most would never consider possible. Say what you want but if we had Finley making the decisions our crowds would be huge for basketball.
    Sorry, missed the third.

So he tried to sell off the roster of a back-to-back-to-back world series championship team.

Imagine UL AD Finley calling around the country trying to sell off players to other schools for a cut of their NIL contracts?

Finley was a clown.

Sorry, missed the third.

So he tried to sell off the roster of a back-to-back-to-back world series championship team.

Imagine UL AD Finley calling around the country trying to sell off players to other schools for a cut of their NIL contracts?

Finley was a clown.
    Nahh, he was ahead of his time and brought winning baseball to the bay area (Oakland). A lot of the things he pushed for are actually just being implemented today. (Full DH, pitch clock etc..) One of a kind, love him or hate him.

I think lots of people underestimate Brock and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at the HC position when it opens up. I also think Brad Boyd would make a great assistant or HC in time as well.

I don't care what the excuses are Marlin has to go. He has worn out his welcome with mediocre performance at best and every story under the sun about how hard it is to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maggard honestly has a true bigger fish to deal with. RCAF has donors giving money to a stadium that isn’t as close to being built as promised both in time and possibly size.
    Could probably bring in more donors with a better basketball team.

There was a rumor someone offered 7 figure donation but not until Marlin was let go

10. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    No, they did not.
    ... in the regular season... before getting motivated.

11. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Brad has got 6 pages of threads in less than 24 hours. The guy brings interest!

Brad is UL all the way. He bleeds UL.

When I spoke about Biddy Basketball, the man helps run the program with his wife's family. The program is huge, obviously for the ones commented negatively, you have never attended a game at this program. My intention was to show his management skills. Coaching is alot of management skills.

I helped run a small AAU program, Brad's tourneys were always the best run and organized. Again credit to his management skills.

No one can doubt bb knows basketball.

I love Brad as well, but not as the head coach. If we could bring him on as the top assistant, absolutely.

My Top Candidates
    Kellen Sampson - Houston
    Austin Claunch - Nicholls
    Bob Richey - Furman (NOLA native)

Matt McMahon

Quote Originally Posted by mtrammell17 View Post
    Brad has got 6 pages of threads in less than 24 hours. The guy brings interest!

Brad is UL all the way. He bleeds UL.

When I spoke about Biddy Basketball, the man helps run the program with his wife's family. The program is huge, obviously for the ones commented negatively, you have never attended a game at this program. My intention was to show his management skills. Coaching is alot of management skills.

I helped run a small AAU program, Brad's tourneys were always the best run and organized. Again credit to his management skills.
    Well, because this is a fan forum so there will be interest. You could post a question about what is our favorite air freshener and you'd get responses. The fact is Brad is beloved by the fan base because he helped bring excitement but when choosing a head coach, due diligence needs to be conducted and his credentials shouldn't be enough to become the HC here. I absolutely endorse him being on staff though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information