Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    The nucleus of this team isn't going anywhere. Brown, Awkuba, Dalcourt, Williams.
    Maybe they can beat a Swac school next year with Marlin at the helm!!

“Runs a good biddy program” Now that’s a resume you want for your D1 program.

Do you guys realize that the Guy that started this thread has been a member of the forum since Oct 2011 and has only 23 posts? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In college basketball especially, if you are not moving up you are going nowhere.
    profound

Bob steps down, Brock Morris takes over as HC, and hires Brady Boyd as an assistant coach. Can we dream?
    Who cares if the roster doesn’t stay in tact? We have made one NCAA tournament in 12 years. If we can keep some of the guys including Brown, Awkuba, Dalcourt, Williams.

One thing is for certain. Bob Marlin should not be coaching Louisiana anymore.

The nucleus of this team isn't going anywhere. Brown, Awkuba, Dalcourt, Williams.
    GAST had 4 or 5 super seniors. They were picked to win the league. Overcame issues and did it in crunch time. Not happy losing, but if our core of those four stay, I’m feeling good.

If Marlin is going to stay, I wouldn’t mind seeing Brad brought in as an assistant.

I would rather have Brock Morris as HC if needed to keep the team in tact. If not, open the selection up. I suspect we will get some pretty good candidates. 8 years since we have been to the NCAAs. No attendance, no one cares about men's basketball anymore, and UL basketball has to be losing money. Compare to GA State - 3 conference championships in 5 years and 4 in 7 years (I think I heard that correctly last night) and we have won none in 8, now 9 years. This is not about Coach Marlin as a person. His effectiveness as a coach has faded and change is needed.

How many seniors did we have this year?

10. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    How many seniors did we have this year?
    Only Dou Gueye.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Didn't this roster have a losing record though.
    Sorry that my response wasn't as acerbic as yours.

I simply stated what I took from Jay's statements; maybe I'm wrong with my understanding, maybe I'm not.

I happen to think there is quality talent on this team, but yes, I was just as disappointed in this season as the next guy. But I also would hate to see a massive turnover.

Obviously, you're displeased with Marlin. And it appears you think the talent is sub-standard. And I guess you'd be cool with wiping the slate clean.

Me? I just hope we win more than we lose next year, regardless of who the coach and who the players are.

I certainly hope so, although some on this board would say this nucleus had a losing record.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I would rather have Brock Morris as HC if needed to keep the team in tact. If not, open the selection up. I suspect we will get some pretty good candidates. 8 years since we have been to the NCAAs. No attendance, no one cares about men's basketball anymore, and UL basketball has to be losing money. Compare to GA State - 3 conference championships in 5 years and 4 in 7 years (I think I heard that correctly last night) and we have won none in 8, now 9 years. This is not about Coach Marlin as a person. His effectiveness as a coach has faded and change is needed.
    I also wanted to point out that the SBC is a weak, crappy, 1-bid basketball conference and we were the 8th place team with one game over .500. We tried to again pad our record against weak teams and yet lost to Jackson State at home. We couldn't win a title in 8-9 years. Basketball attendance is lower than softball and baseball. Just what does it take to make a coaching change and restore our basketball tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Bob steps down, Brock Morris takes over as HC, and hires Brady Boyd as an assistant coach. Can we dream?
    Who cares if the roster doesn’t stay in tact? We have made one NCAA tournament in 12 years. If we can keep some of the guys including Brown, Awkuba, Dalcourt, Williams.

One thing is for certain. Bob Marlin should not be coaching Louisiana anymore.
    Most of what you said I agree with. Who cares if the roster of a 500 club stays intact.

But if Morris being promoted and Boyd being brought in as an assistant is your dream, you aren’t dreaming big enough.

Completely clean house.

Haven’t watched a bball game in 2 years. If a change is made I have a donation ready and might get my season tickets back.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Most of what you said I agree with. Who cares if the roster of a 500 club stays intact.

But if Morris being promoted and Boyd being brought in as an assistant is your dream, you aren’t dreaming big enough.

Completely clean house.

Haven’t watched a bball game in 2 years. If a change is made I have a donation ready and might get my season tickets back.
    Yes sir. There will be transfers either way, but I much rather have a fresh staff making those decisions going forward. The transfer portal can also help add athletes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information