Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You must believe in Santa, Easter bunny, big foot, and $1.50 a gallon gas...
    You must believe in Santa(Yes), Easter bunny(Yes), big foot(No), and $1.50 a gallon gas(does the costco hotdog and drink count, if so Yes)...

If they find out Cajuns want him, they will say his leaving was fake news and we have to pay the HS a buyout, LeauxL, that would take “USL’ing It” up a notch!

UL Basketball Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

I appreciate the love, I am out at Southside. I built a winning 5A Varsity program in 3 years. The Principal at the School Made the decision to take Basketball Duties away from me. Her reasons for the decision I don’t agree with, but it is what it is. Both the AD of the Parish and the AD of my school disagreed with her decision, but ultimately it’s her decision. I had a good run and love those kids and coaches I worked with. I have 3 job offers on the table to take over the basketball programs in the area. An announcement will be made soon. Im still working at Southside until I decide to leave. All love on my end, best of luck to sharks in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't know who those gentlemen are but I think we are in agreement
    Mecom was the original owner of the Saints.

Finley owned the Oakland A's and tried to deal off the roster of a back-to-back World Series champion for a bag of peanut M&Ms and a $10 gift certificate to Western Sizzler.

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT LAST I CHECKED YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN OPENING BEFORE YOU HIFE SOMEONE ELSE. LETS SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT FIRST.

6. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT LAST I CHECKED YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN OPENING BEFORE YOU HIFE SOMEONE ELSE. LETS SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT FIRST.
    WHY ARE WE YELLING

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    I appreciate the love, I am out at Southside. I built a winning 5A Varsity program in 3 years. The Principal at the School Made the decision to take Basketball Duties away from me. Her reasons for the decision I don’t agree with, but it is what it is. Both the AD of the Parish and the AD of my school disagreed with her decision, but ultimately it’s her decision. I had a good run and love those kids and coaches I worked with. I have 3 job offers on the table to take over the basketball programs in the area. An announcement will be made soon. Im still working at Southside until I decide to leave. All love on my end, best of luck to sharks in the future.
    Best of luck to you. You will do great wherever you end up

8. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

What steps in coaching has he taken? Just curious. I like Brad but HC is a really ambitious jump for someone with no college experience whatsoever.
    I thought he had a stint with Robert Lee?

9. Default Re: Brad Boyd next Cajun Head Coach

I don't know who those gentlemen are but I think we are in agreement
    Mecom: Early if not first owner of the Saints

Sorry everything I do at work my keyboard is in caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I did 2 years with Coach Lee as an assistant coach. I have also been the Head Coach of an ABA team, and the head coach of LA UNITED in the TBT summer Tourney for $2 Million Dollars, for 2 seasons where I coached Pros. I was a player a coach for 3 years as well. 2 NIT bid and 1 NCAA bid. I just wanna be a part of making UL Basketball better. Head Coach or Assistant, when the time comes, I’ll be ready. #GeauxCajuns #JustWinBaby

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Graduate assistant. It’s in the Narcisse article.

Glad Brad still has a job at Southside until he takes one of the job offers he has in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Graduate assistant. It’s in the Narcisse article.

Glad Brad still has a job at Southside until he takes one of the job offers he has in front of him.
    Thx bro, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Caught some of the conversation with Scott.

Sounded like Jay brought up the caliber of the young men Marlin has been bringing in.

Also, the relationship between the current roster and Marlin seems pretty intimate.

Marlin stays, the roster remains the same with some minor departures.

Marlin leaves, there very well could be a mass exodus and the end result is a massive rebuild.
    They said the same thing about the Des hire. Hire him and the roster stays intact and there is hopefully little movement in coaches. The fact is that nobody knows what this roster will do and Marlin has had a high turnover rate even before this portal was a big issue. What does Jay expect to see in year 13? I don't get it. We were picked #2 in the preseason this year and finished 8th. It was a disappointing year to say the least. The fact is the program is not ascending. In college basketball especially, if you are not moving up you are going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Caught some of the conversation with Scott.

Sounded like Jay brought up the caliber of the young men Marlin has been bringing in.

Also, the relationship between the current roster and Marlin seems pretty intimate.

Marlin stays, the roster remains the same with some minor departures.

Marlin leaves, there very well could be a mass exodus and the end result is a massive rebuild.
    The nucleus of this team isn't going anywhere. Brown, Awkuba, Dalcourt, Williams.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information