At-large?

Default Re: MBB Sun Belt Championship: Louisiana vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    At-large?
    lol

This GaSt head coach is so likable though unlike Ron Hunter

Game lost in first half. Played them even point wise in second half. Considering 4 games in 5 days, the guys didn’t quit.

GAST is like us in the respect go read their board. They have some guys that want Lanier gone, win or lose.

“Desires don't always match the outcome. Hence many wanted CRH to stay at Georgia State, but he left, and some wanted CRL fired, but he got an extension instead. Such as life... you don't always get what you want”.

I hope the best for Marlin and I hope he leaves UL and we acquire a young hungry coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    At-large?
    Not even to the CIT

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't know which game you are watching, but we were leaving guys wide open with poor spacing in the zone and allowing dribble penetration to the basketball when we are playing man to man. They've hit a few shots with hands in their faces, but good defense?
    In the first half, there were two wide open 3's that Dalcourt left his man errantly to help Thomas. There was another open shot at the elbow by one of their bigs because they rebounded offensively and he was open. I want you to tell me how many "open" shots there were truly. Are you meaning we need to be jumping up and challenging every outside shot to be covered? Remember, at this time we were talking about the first half. The second half we stayed on our men and were with them but they shot the same outside shots. As a matter of fact, they were perfect from 3 in the second half until around the 7 minute mark but they missed a lot more of the inside and mid range shots.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In the first half, there were two wide open 3's that Dalcourt left his man errantly to help Thomas. There was another open shot at the elbow by one of their bigs because they rebounded offensively and he was open. I want you to tell me how many "open" shots there were truly. Are you meaning we need to be jumping up and challenging every outside shot to be covered? Remember, at this time we were talking about the first half. The second half we stayed on our men and were with them but they shot the same outside shots. As a matter of fact, they were perfect from 3 in the second half until around the 7 minute mark but they missed a lot more of the inside and mid range shots.
    We are not going to agree here buddy. Sometimes I think people see what they hoped would happen on the court instead of reality. The bottom line is they finished far better in the tournament than I expected. But at the end of the day his record remains the same with 2 appearances in the SBC championship game and 1 NCAA trip in 12 years.

Time to love on.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Give it a rest on Bob. At least for tonight. Good run boys
    10-4. Let the man take care of something way more important than a basketball game.

Then let it rip if that’s your calling.

Time to love on.
    I think T either had a typo or Freudianly suggested what we need to show Marlin until his family duty is done.

We are not going to agree here buddy. Sometimes I think people see what they hoped would happen on the court instead of reality. The bottom line is they finished far better in the tournament than I expected. But at the end of the day his record remains the same with 2 appearances in the SBC championship game and 1 NCAA trip in 12 years.

Time to love on.
    I just went back and watched the entire first half. There were 4 "open" shots although one of them was contested but he caught it open. Two of them were Jordan Brown's man who popped out for the shot. One of them was a transition 3 off of one of our misses and the other was Thomas overcompensating to help when their main guy got free off a pick. Again, we initially were talking about guard defense and our on ball defense was pretty decent. Not one of their shots was a wide open uncontested shot. The deal is they simply just made shots from the outside. I agree that our defense at the guard position this year was not good, especially with Au in there but I do not find they defended at that position bad in the tournament. We got similar shots on offense that they did but we just didn't hit.

And I'm completely in agreement on moving on. I've been as vocal as anybody here all year. I was actually torn going into this game because of the obvious situation but I don't think the kids played bad, especially on defense as some here would suggest. I was just trying to make that point.

11. Default Re: MBB Sun Belt Championship: Louisiana vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Bob Marlin has coached his last game as Louisiana’s coach.
    This game (a win) was worth +$500,000.00 to Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Glad this was the only game I watched this year. Modern basketball is unbearable and so uninteresting.
    This is what I've been saying for a few years now. The talent level has just degraded to the point where it's unwatchable. There are hardly any true basketball players with basketball skills. They just don't practice basic skills enough to get good at them.

13. Default Re: MBB Sun Belt Championship: Louisiana vs Georgia State

…….I guess a point I could bring up is the strategy as time runs down and we are behind say 7 -10 points…..only chance are hitting 3s and we are running clock trying to get 2 points inside…..the math doesn’t work when 3 possessions are needed with 3s and we are working for 2s the only way to have a chance is if we could hit the 3s! If we don’t make them we lose anyway!

Congratulations to the Cajuns for their performance in 4days in March. It was entertaining.

15. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Falls in Sun Belt Championship to Georgia State 80-71

The Ragin' Cajuns bid to make the NCAA Tournament comes up just short.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information