Thread: SBC Semi-final Louisiana Press Conf

Default Re: SBC Semi-final Louisiana Press Conf

That was tough for Bob. Sorry to hear about his Mom.

Thanks Iberia Cajun for posting this and also for the previous games. For those of you that don't want to spend 9 minutes watching the press conference, I can tell you one thing that stuck with me. A reporter did ask Coach Marlin how he handled the last 24 hours as best as he can. He did get a little emotional when answering the question. Both Greg Williams Jr. and Theo Awkbua put their hands on him to offer support at that point. They were the two player guests at the press conference. As far as the basketball questions go, he focused on the defense, rebounding, and had a compliment for every player who got time today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Thanks Iberia Cajun for posting this and also for the previous games. For those of you that don't want to spend 9 minutes watching the press conference, I can tell you one thing that stuck with me. A reporter did ask Coach Marlin how he handled the last 24 hours as best as he can. He did get a little emotional when answering the question. Both Greg Williams Jr. and Theo Awkbua put their hands on him to offer support at that point. They were the two player guests at the press conference. As far as the basketball questions go, he focused on the defense, rebounding, and had a compliment for every player who got time today.
    You are welcome. Basketball is fun again.
    Oh, how I wish the tournament was in New Orleans!
    Also, he was complimentary of Coach Cross.

UTA has not improved since they fired Coach Cross. They let him go after a 20 win season. Their AD said at the time they should be Gonzaga. Nothing wrong with having high aspirations. However their is a world of difference between a mid major nearby a pro market for all sports and a private school with loads of money focusing only on basketball. The Zags actually charter to ALL their away games. Their coach has said that when they were able to do that is when they started to be a significant player in the basketball world. Coach Cross will continue to have Troy be a competitive team in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    …their is a world of difference between a mid major nearby a pro market for all sports and a private school with loads of money focusing only on basketball. The Zags actually charter to ALL their away games. Their coach has said that when they were able to do that is when they started to be a significant player in the basketball world.
    Exactly why the SBC didn’t care for Liberty. Give them time, they’ll own C-DOA in multiple sports.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That was tough for Bob. Sorry to hear about his Mom.
    Condolences for Coach Marlin. The stress of the tournament/season along with the lack of sleep he's probably getting is amplifying the emotional pain he's experiencing with the passing of his mother. Regardless of what happens, I hope that he takes time to take care of himself after the season with all that has happened outside of basketball last few years.

One of the real benefits of joining the rebounders is to get to meet and get to know our players. They can drive me nuts sometimes on the court (even Bo did that at times), but this team is made up of a group of classy young men. Now, if they can just reduce the number of TOs. My cardiologist would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    One of the real benefits of joining the rebounders is to get to meet and get to know our players. They can drive me nuts sometimes on the court (even Bo did that at times), but this team is made up of a group of classy young men. Now, if they can just reduce the number of TOs. My cardiologist would appreciate it.
    Your cardiologist must be happy.only 3 turnovers in 2nd half of last game!

Thread Information