Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Cinderella Run Continues

Default Re: Louisiana Cinderella Run Continues

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I appreciate the attention for the program but we're no cinderella. It may appear that way to many on the outside but we've underperformed for the entire year to help set that standard.
    I agree. That's the Sun Belt Conference promoting the idea because we were the 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    By getting thumped by Baylor or Zaga in the 1st round ?
    We will have 10yrs to think about it till the next NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Cinderella run? It’s the conference tournament
    Exactly: My only concern, we win conference tourny, go to MM, play number one seed (Baylor, Gonzaga?), get blown across court, THEN OFFER MARLIN ANOTHER EXTENSION (for getting us back to MM).

Beat GA State, win the SBC Tourney Championship, get in the NCAA, win a NCAA play in game (First Four). Hang the banner for the NCAA tournament win. Give Bob a 10 year extension.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Cinderella Run Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    By getting thumped by Baylor or Zaga in the 1st round ?
    That’s not ever happening. If we win it’s going to be a play in game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Unless there are several other "Cinderella's" with .500 or losing records also winning their tournament. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yes and if you win you will be getting thumped by Gonzaga or Baylor. Who cares if you beat some other obscure team in a play in game to get there. I don't look at that as tournament wins. The end result will still be the same.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana Cinderella Run Continues

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Looking at the scores of all the Sunbelt tournament scores, Marlin was right. Belt had a lot of parity this year. All the games were pretty close. Hope we can have one more 4 game streak. Bball is fun again. Even if it’s late.
    Nothing wrong with that right now! We beat gsu and compete well in the NCAAs, I won't have anything to complain about.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatGeorgiaState

get to and win a ncaa tournament game. It’s time

10. Default Re: Louisiana Cinderella Run Continues

Here is what I want out of this:

#1--Win tonight
    #2--If we have to play in a play in game, so be it, win if we do
    #3--Compete in our NCAA tournament game (don't have to win, just hang tough).
    #4--Let the chips fall where they will with Marlin. I think he will resign to be honest with you. I think even if he wins tonight and gives us a run, he realizes that his time here is limited. If he loses tonight he will be let go, if he wins he probably retires.

Just win tonight and we can worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Hopefully it's not even close to midnight and the glass slipper fits

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Here is what I want out of this:

#1--Win tonight
    #2--If we have to play in a play in game, so be it, win if we do
    #3--Compete in our NCAA tournament game (don't have to win, just hang tough).
    #4--Let the chips fall where they will with Marlin. I think he will resign to be honest with you. I think even if he wins tonight and gives us a run, he realizes that his time here is limited. If he loses tonight he will be let go, if he wins he probably retires.

Just win tonight and we can worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
    One thing this tournament run has done I think is it opens up a scenario where win or lose tonight we could possibly see Marlin step aside and Brock Morris be handed the keys. I personally think that would be a positive for the program as it could keep the core of the current team together, and with a few roster tweaks could be very good next year. Morris is going to eventually be a successful D1 coach somewhere. If they would have been ousted in the 1st round and Marlin was shown the door I don't think that hiring a current assistant as the replacement would have been seen as a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    One thing this tournament run has done I think is it opens up a scenario where win or lose tonight we could possibly see Marlin step aside and Brock Morris be handed the keys. I personally think that would be a positive for the program as it could keep the core of the current team together, and with a few roster tweaks could be very good next year. Morris is going to eventually be a successful D1 coach somewhere. If they would have been ousted in the 1st round and Marlin was shown the door I don't think that hiring a current assistant as the replacement would have been seen as a viable option.
    I don't think an SBC tournament run would make Morris a head coach candidate. If Bob resigns, I think Maggard would conduct a national search. I also think Maggard promoting from within for football also lessens Morris's chances. But I certainly could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Exactly: My only concern, we win conference tourny, go to MM, play number one seed (Baylor, Gonzaga?), get blown across court, THEN OFFER MARLIN ANOTHER EXTENSION (for getting us back to MM).
    There is no offer of an extension coming if we win, it’s automatic.

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is no offer of an extension coming if we win, it’s automatic.

Geaux Cajuns!
    Correct, however he still has to accept the extension.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information