Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana 66, Troy 57

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana 66, Troy 57

Looks like it’s a 2014 championship rematch.

It’s Georgia State, 71-66 over App.

Panther Talk board should be amusing and pompous.

Georgia State it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Link?

They do have a cheek to them over there.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Link?
    https://247sports.com/college/georgi.d-forum-59462/

Pretty quiet so far. They just “love” Marlin. Still salty 8 years later.

That would just be a bonus UL pulls this off. That would be a meltdown.

Championship game thread.

https://247sports.com/college/georgi.989274/?page=1

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Cajuns win 66-57!!!
    Really gutty win. A fun game to watch, only thing taking away from that were the whistle happy Sunbelt zebras on both ends. They call every ticky tack foul the whole game, and then let Troy hack away at the end. Wesley was body blocked and no call.

https://247sports.com/college/georgi.d-forum-59462/

Pretty quiet so far. They just “love” Marlin. Still salty 8 years later.

That would just be a bonus UL pulls this off. That would be a meltdown.

Championship game thread.

https://247sports.com/college/georgi.989274/?page=1
    Here is a little preview of what to watch for tomorrow night. Guard Corey Allen (No. 11) is the best player for the Panthers. Tonight he had 29 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and ZERO turnovers in the win over App. In that 29 point total were 6 three point baskets. We held his scoring down in their win against us in Atlanta. However he did force a few turnovers late in that game when we struggled with their pressure. Maybe Allen is due not to be as hot tomorrow. How our guards handle their pressure on the ball will once again be a key in the game. Every team has tried that tactic against us this season due to our small point guards. They have to dribble more than many of us would like but that is due to the fact they are not tall enough to often pass it over the defense. That has contributed to our high turnover total for most of the year. Also, the experience and quickness of the Panthers makes them more effective with trapping the ball handler than most SBC teams. Obviously we need to shoot a decent percentage if we beat their traps and get good looks. Basketball is a make or miss game these days. We have played well the last 3 games but I think we need to shoot it a little better than the last 2 days to pull out the win tomorrow night.

In my opinion it was trying to slot Williams into the PG role at the beginning season which just didn’t work. Once they moved on he never really found a spot in the rotation that worked until Julian’s injury. He has been playing very well since the moment Kobe went down in the Ga State game. As much as I hate the injury for Kobe, Willams has found his role at the right time and has really been the difference.

10. Default ESPN 1420 Cajuns Advance to SBC Championship Game With 66-57 Win Over Troy

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team is officially one win away from a ticket to the NCAA Tournament after they beat the Troy Trojans 66-57.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    App. or Georgia State? Both?
    Rather have played App. GSU scares me for obvious reasons. They can lockdown on defense for stretches of the game, especially in the backcourt where we have struggled. They also have some really long guys inside to contain our bigs and potentially get them in foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Rather have played App. GSU scares me for obvious reasons. They can lockdown on defense for stretches of the game, especially in the backcourt where we have struggled. They also have some really long guys inside to contain our bigs and potentially get them in foul trouble.
    Fk Georgia state! We are the standard!!!

I would expect the Georgia State coach comes in and has his team play the Nolan Richardson defense of “40 minutes of hell”. They know our weakness.

That said, my heart sees a possible team of destiny with the Cajuns.

Geaux Cajuns!

14. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana 66, Troy 57

I would like to apologize, I was wrong about Michael Thomas. Last year I stated that I did not think Michael Thomas was a D1 basketball player and I think I was accurate about the way he played last year, but he has steadily grown into becoming a very capable PG at the D1 level and considering he is only a Sophomore and has 2 more years to play he is going to be a very good PG. I don't love the fact that he is small, but if he improved this much from season 1 to season 2, I am very excited to see him in years 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I would like to apologize, I was wrong about Michael Thomas. Last year I stated that I did not think Michael Thomas was a D1 basketball player and I think I was accurate about the way he played last year, but he has steadily grown into becoming a very capable PG at the D1 level and considering he is only a Sophomore and has 2 more years to play he is going to be a very good PG. I don't love the fact that he is small, but if he improved this much from season 1 to season 2, I am very excited to see him in years 3 and 4.
    The last 8-10 games he has really grown up. I think he finally realized he can get by guys and is getting into the paint a lot more. I am very excited to see him stepping up.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information