Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana 66, Troy 57

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Troy

ESPN 2
    Is tipoff at 6pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Agreed.

Time to bring home a title. Who’s making the trip to Pensacola?
    I'm torn about this. I really am. This program needs a change at the top and this season has been a monumental failure but making the big dance is always something you cherish. I guess I'm just going to have to pull hard for these guys and _____ and moan about coach next season.Sort of joking but not really. These guys deserve to make the dance. They've not played extremely well and have been frustrating all year but they've played hard and any fan has to appreciate that.

Well, well, well…

Need to improve on these numbers tomorrow.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.meId/401403480

Nothing to see on Troy’s board.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    ESPN 2
    Is tipoff at 6pm?
    Yes

Greg Williams has been what I thought he would have been all season during this tournament. He’s stepped up big time with Julien out.

I wonder if he was playing through something most of the year? He’s been great this week.

And Dalcourt has shown a lot too. It’s nice to see guys take advantage of their opportunities.

It does make you wonder what was different throughout most of the year though

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    As great as we are playing, I don’t know whether or not to be happy or frustrated based on what we showed during the regular season. I’ll stick with being happy. But man, losing to Jackson State, blowing leads against teams like Georgia Southern and UTA twice; yet here we are putting ourselves in position to be in the finals. A little consistency against inferior competition would go a long way with this fan base.

Oh and we are doing this without Kobe Julien and Au. So, no more “but player X was hurt.” We seem to be doing just fine in spite of that.
    I just posted about this but you are right. It's equally exciting and frustrating seeing how we've played all year with the turnovers and then we decide to focus for the tournament. Our turnovers have literally gone down each game in the tournament and we only had 10 against Troy. 10! We averaged more than that in one half of games this year.

6. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana 66, Troy 57

Fantastic win

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Who would we rather face in the Final matchup wise? App or Georgia St?
    App. Ga State scares the hell out of me. If I'm not mistaken, they went 9-1 in conference after dropping their first 4 games and come in to the tournament on a tear and have some good sized athletes.

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana 66, Troy 57

Bring it home! Man it’s so nice to be playing for
    A
    Chance to the big Dance again.
    Let’s finish this Cajuns.

1 more!!!

I’m really happy for this team. They have to be pumped. Playing with house money is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I just posted about this but you are right. It's equally exciting and frustrating seeing how we've played all year with the turnovers and then we decide to focus for the tournament. Our turnovers have literally gone down each game in the tournament and we only had 10 against Troy. 10! We averaged more than that in one half of games this year.
    And 3 of those TOs came on consecutive possessions in the first half when we let them close the gap. Took exceptional care of it the rest of the way

Very impressed with the defense. Troy shot poorly but the Cajun defense was a big part of that

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    App. Ga State scares the hell out of me. If I'm not mistaken, they went 9-1 in conference after dropping their first 4 games and come in to the tournament on a tear and have some good sized athletes.
    App. or Georgia State? Both?

Georgia state leads app by 9 at the half. They are burying 3s.

App and GST coming down to the wire.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information