Thread: MT: Triumphant Homecoming Extends Louisiana's Win Streak to 11 Matches

1. UL Tennis Men's Tennis Makes Much-Awaited Return Home to Cajun Courts

For the first time since Jan. 29 the No. 37-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team competes at Cajun Courts when the squad hosts Coastal Carolina in a 1 p.m. match on Saturday, March 5.

Default Re: Men's Tennis Makes Much-Awaited Return Home to Cajun Courts

Ring the bell, 5-2 Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Ring the bell, 5-2 Cajuns.
    Any win against the Covid Beach Chickens is good.

They showed up, huh?

Way to go Cajuns!

6. UL Tennis MT: Triumphant Homecoming Extends Louisiana's Win Streak to 11 Matches

After an exciting finish to claim the doubles point the No. 37-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's tennis went on to claim four of the six singles games to capture a 5-2 win over Coastal Carolina on Saturday, March 5 at Cajun Courts in the Sun Belt Conference opener for both teams.

Default Re: MT: Triumphant Homecoming Extends Louisiana's Win Streak to 11 Matches

Add UNO to our win column. What a season so far.

Default Re: MT: Triumphant Homecoming Extends Louisiana's Win Streak to 11 Matches

Keep it up Cajuns.

9. Default Re: MT: Triumphant Homecoming Extends Louisiana's Win Streak to 11 Matches

Yes, this has been a special season so far. The big conference tests are coming up, but they are looking very good.

What is special about this season is how well the middle of the lineup and bottom of the lineup are playing, specifically Sophomore Oriel Fillat Giminez who is 12-1 on the season at the #3 position.

This team is really strong at the middle and bottom of the lineup. The real weakness that I see is that we don't have a dominant #1. Karlo Kajin is our #1 and is 6-4 on the season. I personally think he would be much better at #2 or #3, but because we don't have that dominant #1 he is filling the role and doing a decent job there. But it is allowing our #2 and #3 positions to be an overall 21-5 and #5 and #6 are a combined 20-7. And that #5 and #6 are being handled by freshman Colin Postea and Vasil Dimitrov and #2 and #3 are being handled by Sophomore's Orial Fillat Giminez and Alejandro Sanchez Gonzales. The other 2 starters are Sophomore Karlo Kajin and Junior (the only upper classmen on the team) Kacper Dworak. The bench is made up of 2 sophomores Grant Landreth from STM and Alejo Ferrer Chueca. This team is young, if we can keep them from transferring and build up another nice recruiting class I am excited about how good this team can be. I said it earlier I thought this team was a year or 2 away from being good, but they are better than expected this year. I am hoping that the Cajuns move up in the polls this week. The new poll comes out Wednesday, we shall see.

Thread Information