Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 79, Texas State 72

Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He’s going to retire no matter what
    Paging JMV for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    You still want Marlin go if they win the tournament ?
    He stays around if he wins the tournament per his contract. But there’s no denying that the program has gotten bland through lack of consistency on the court and lack of fun support.

2 down 2 to go. Let’s go boys!!

Happy birthday Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes. But I want to win. Great win today.
    I don't necessarily believe Coach Marlin is going to retire if the Cajuns win the tournament. It may happen but I have not heard that is a certainty. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated but here is a reminder that a conference championship (either regular season or tournament) triggers an automatic contract extension. It the Cajuns cut down the nets Monday night, it is my prediction Coach Marlin returns next season. He would not be fired in that instance. The buyout will go up with that type of extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    Where was Brown all Season long? Our defense was good today. I have to say the coaches did a good job on game preparation.
    Brown had a good game today partially due to the fact that the Bobcats do not match up well against him. He did fairly well in the game at San Marcos. Note Theo Awkuba did not play in that game due to Covid. In the game in Lafayette, Brown did not play due to the concussion. This is the first time in 3 games that both were available which really gave the Bobcats matchup problems. I believe had both bigs been available in the regular season games, the Cajuns would have won at least one of them. I also noticed in the last two games the rotation has been shortened which is a positive. Reason it did not happen earlier was because it was difficult to see separation amongst some of the guys. Personally, I agree with an earlier poster who said Dalcourt should have been seeing more time. He would often get pulled if his shot was not falling. He is a guy who can still contribute when that happens however. He plays good defense, rebounds well from the guard spot, makes his free throws, and has the personality to be a leader. Keep playing him when his shot is not falling and eventually one will fall. That happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't necessarily believe Coach Marlin is going to retire if the Cajuns win the tournament. It may happen but I have not heard that is a certainty. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated but here is a reminder that a conference championship (either regular season or tournament) triggers an automatic contract extension. It the Cajuns cut down the nets Monday night, it is my prediction Coach Marlin returns next season. He would not be fired in that instance. The buyout will go up with that type of extension.
    And the administration would look wasteful offering a buyout after the extension would be triggered.

All this is pure conjecture, two games left. One at a time.

One thing that hasn’t been brought up. Cajun seem to play decent with either Kobe or Jordan, but struggle with both.

Texas State board is always fun to read. Unsensored.

https://maroonandgolden.com/forum/in...urnament.1635/

7. Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Totally. I think you’d have a story if you get a walking papers after you just finish cutting down the net.
    Common knowledge, he gets a extension by contract with regular, or tournament championship. He wins two more and he decides if he’s coming back. Not sure he’s all that anxious to put another season in.

8. Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana vs Texas State

Good win

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And the administration would look wasteful offering a buyout after the extension would be triggered.

One thing that hasn’t been brought up. Cajun seem to play decent with either Kobe or Jordan, but struggle with both.

Prior to today it was also rare for both Brown and Awkuba to play well when both are available. Let's hope that continues. Brown was the offensive focus today while Theo protected the rim. That is what I had expected to happen for most of the season. Not sure why it has taken so long for them to play well together. That needs to continue to happen for the Cajuns to have more success.

10. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Upsets Texas State 79-72 to Advance to SBC Semifinals

Jordan Brown scored 31 points, and Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns beat the top-seeded Texas State Bobcats 79-72 to advance to the Sun Belt Tournament semifinals.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Thanks. That WAS a fun read!

Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 79, Texas State 72

Troy takes out Little Rock.

"With the win, the Ragin’ Cajuns advance to the tournament semifinals—
    where they will take on the winner of No. 12-seeded Little Rock and No. 4-seeded Troy
    at 5 p.m. CT on Sunday, March 5."

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    "With the win, the Ragin’ Cajuns advance to the tournament semifinals—
    where they will take on the winner of No. 12-seeded Little Rock and No. 4-seeded Troy
    at 5 p.m. CT on Sunday, March 5."

Stay tuned!
    Update: Troy it is.

15. Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 79, Texas State 72

So it's Louisiana vs Troy tomorrow!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information