Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 67, UTA 64

Default Re: Basketball tournament

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Is Julien out for the tournament, or might he be back Saturday.
    Out for tournament but Jay called it a "significant" injury in pregame so I just can't see him playing beyond that either

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Out for tournament but Jay called it a "significant" injury in pregame so I just can't see him playing beyond that either
    Sadly, thinking along the same lines. If it's another ACL or similar recovery time, it's a tough call beyond.

Red wolves send the hoax home, 81-77. Have to wonder about Richard's future. There's plenty of good h/s coaches in the area for the Hoax to pick from.

Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 67, UTA 64

GATA (10) up 34-24 on beach chickens (7) at half.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    All stats very close but one. 16-9. Our TOs to theirs. We made two more FTs and had one more 3 and they had one more 2 pointer. Three points. And as pointed out game was over until it almost wasn’t. Really frustrating to watch.
    Mavs also had more offensive rebounds than the Cajuns. That was also disappointing to see. On a positive note, the defensive plan and the execution on the potential tying 3 pointer at game end was excellent.

Georgia Southern 70-64 over CCU. Higher/lower seed split the day 2-2. This game, largest margin of victory out of the four games…6 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mavs also had more offensive rebounds than the Cajuns. That was also disappointing to see. On a positive note, the defensive plan and the execution on the potential tying 3 pointer at game end was excellent.
    Also disappointing was Jordan Brown with only 6 points. A very talented player, but he has too many turnovers every game trying to play point guard at times and playing an isolation game with forced shots. He makes some extraordinary shots, like Julien, but both are very inconsistent and when we lose leads, it seems to be from making bad passes, resorting to an isolation game and taking forced shots with no rebounds. Of course the turnovers are not limited to just those two. Marlin just lets them play street basketball while losing leads and ultimately losing games. Difficult to watch. I wonder what this team would have been had we not had the two key transfers out. I suspect Saturday will likely be our last game, putting an end to a losing season and to finally making a coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Also disappointing was Jordan Brown with only 6 points. A very talented player, but he has too many turnovers every game trying to play point guard at times and playing an isolation game with forced shots. He makes some extraordinary shots, like Julien, but both are very inconsistent and when we lose leads, it seems to be from making bad passes, resorting to an isolation game and taking forced shots with no rebounds. Of course the turnovers are not limited to just those two. Marlin just lets them play street basketball while losing leads and ultimately losing games. Difficult to watch. I wonder what this team would have been had we not had the two key transfers out. I suspect Saturday will likely be our last game, putting an end to a losing season and to finally making a coaching change.
    Saturday will not be our last game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I too want the Cajuns to win. A win that would force Louisiana to yet another extension. That’s a bitter pill for an all too infrequent championship. But as I often said hopefully he never loses another game. But not for a RP meltdown
    Yeah, if the Cajuns win Saturday, I'll be taking note of the posters who seem to be upset about it. And, there will be several.

I've known your feelings for quite some time. But at least you get it. You root for the good guys regardless of your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yeah, if the Cajuns win Saturday, I'll be taking note of the posters who seem to be upset about it. And, there will be several.

I've known your feelings for quite some time. But at least you get it. You root for the good guys regardless of your feelings.
    Several: more than two but not many.

I think that’s an accurate description of the amount of people who will be upset win or lose this game.

Haven’t seen many this week, especially yesterday. Just sayin’.

Geaux Cajuns!

Is it a quarter final win in the conference tournament that garners an automatic contract extension, or is it winning the whole SBC tournament that triggers one?

12. Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 67, UTA 64

Reg season champions, or tournament champions.

13. Default Re: SBC MBB Tournament: Louisiana 67, UTA 64

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Reg season champions, or tournament champions.
    Either/or I seem to recall.

Terrible negotiations from the UL brass at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Either/or I seem to recall.

Terrible negotiations from the UL brass at the time.
    An extension for a championship is standard for all our coaches. Garry Brodhead got one for the regular season WBB title last year. It is something that is common at many schools, especially at the mid major level. Personally, I think there will be very few people that will be disappointed with a tournament championship. That is because most people would be happy for the team members. Yes, some if not most fans, believe the program would be better served long term with a change at the top. That is different than actually pulling against the guys who wear the Louisiana uniform. I just can't believe there are many of those people.

With Kobe out for the tournament, Marlin def deserves a reset next year. Kobe was catching heat at the right time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information