Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Upper deck football season tickets

Default Re: Upper deck football season tickets

I got my season ticket renewal today. Same seat as before so I think we can safely say, no demolition for at least until after next season.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I got my season ticket renewal today. Same seat as before so I think we can safely say, no demolition for at least until after next season.
    Well, ca ca! Maggard’s first BIG hic-up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, ca ca! Maggard’s first BIG hic-up.
    To me it's still the same old same old. Nobody, but a few, know how much money is needed, and how much money we have. Nobody, but a few, know where we stand on plans and specifications. It's like it's top secret information that is vital to national security. Just be open with us and tell us where we are and what we need to get from where we are to where we want to be. Right now we know where the stadium is and we want to get it renovated. I would venture to say that half the people in Lafayette don't know that they want to renovate the stadium. Put a sign up with a thermometer showing were we are money with the money and were we need to be. It is discouraging.

To me it's still the same old same old. Nobody, but a few, know how much money is needed, and how much money we have. Nobody, but a few, know where we stand on plans and specifications. It's like it's top secret information that is vital to national security. Just be open with us and tell us where we are and what we need to get from where we are to where we want to be. Right now we know where the stadium is and we want to get it renovated. I would venture to say that half the people in Lafayette don't know that they want to renovate the stadium. Put a sign up with a thermometer showing were we are money with the money and were we need to be. It is discouraging.
    So apparently this is being USL’ed at this moment. The Fossil would be proud!

Architectural/engineering had to be close or near done or the initial decision about the upper deck would not have been made.

It's a money thing in all likelihood.
    That's not how this stuff works. You do schematic design and get a contractor on board to do some budgeting, but you don't completely design a job with structural, architectural, and MEP where the project budget can be anywhere from $35-55 million and the owner won't give you clear direction on anything. This thing is still in the early design stages, trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    That's not how this stuff works. You do schematic design and get a contractor on board to do some budgeting, but you don't completely design a job with structural, architectural, and MEP where the project budget can be anywhere from $35-55 million and the owner won't give you clear direction on anything. This thing is still in the early design stages, trust me, I know.
    Granted, understand that, BUT they need to be open with us and tell us that. Don't tell us that demolition is going to start in the spring when you don't have a completed set of plans. I almost came out and said I call BS on that. It just doesn't work that way.

7. Default Re: Upper deck football season tickets

Granted, understand that, BUT they need to be open with us and tell us that. Don't tell us that demolition is going to start in the spring when you don't have a completed set of plans. I almost came out and said I call BS on that. It just doesn't work that way.
    Those who called BS in the spring demolition are right on time now . . .

So basically, they did like the Architecture department. Release renderings of dream…like a boulevard down Johnston, trams across campus, buried utilities on Johnston and such. Then everyone gets excited over nothing.

Except this project is suppose to happen. Hope Maggard or someone owns this, makes everyone, including fans, look bad for going with the info about breaking ground, etc.

So basically, they did like the Architecture department. Release renderings of dream…like a boulevard down Johnston, trams across campus, buried utilities on Johnston and such. Then everyone gets excited over nothing.

Except this project is suppose to happen. Hope Maggard or someone owns this, makes everyone, including fans, look bad for going with the info about breaking ground, etc.
    Not sure Maggard could foresee record inflation, potential WW3, cost of steel sky rocket, etc.

But by all means, continue your bashing

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Not sure Maggard could foresee record inflation, potential WW3, cost of steel sky rocket, etc.

But by all means, continue your bashing
    I've got to agree. There are so many outside forces, things that could not be predicted, that have escalated prices. Oh, and we are still trying to get enough money for yesterdays prices.

I've got to go to the bank now to get a loan to fill up my tank. Thank you Dr. Maggard! (sarcasm off).

Dr. Maggard is possibly/probably the best Director of Athletics this University has ever had. I will let him do his job with my total support.

11. Default Re: Upper deck football season tickets

Knowing how things are done around the foundation and president’s office, I’m guessing they’re keeping it close to the vest because they still worry about making waves with LSUA&M. The political crap and the genuflecting to BR has been the MO of every UL/SLI/USL president, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Dr. Maggard is possibly/probably the best Director of Athletics this University has ever had. I will let him do his job with my total support.
    Even with the hiccup, I agree.

Maggard will work this out.

13. Default Re: Upper deck football season tickets

I guess we will find the money before they condemn it.

I remember ball state did a fund raiser a few years back for renovations. They had a measuring stick deal online with the goal at the top and the current number. It was interesting for the fans to keep up with. For whatever reason I was keeping up too. Haha. Couldn’t hurt to do something like this for football.

Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic Church on campus is also doing a transparent fundraising tracker. This administration and RCAF could be more transparent with fundraising for Cajun Field and innovative with engaging fans on fundraising. Do we have an RCAF director yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information