Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Upper deck football season tickets

Default Re: Upper deck football season tickets

Architectural/engineering had to be close or near done or the initial decision about the upper deck would not have been made.

It's a money thing in all likelihood.

Interest Rates hikes, high fuel costs, high construction costs, inflation highest in 40 years, and Stock market flat. Boy oh boy. So much for the renovation starting this year, but does anyone see things getting cheaper? They never do once they go up. They may just slow down from going up, rarely go down all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Architectural/engineering had to be close or near done or the initial decision about the upper deck would not have been made.

It's a money thing in all likelihood.
    Neither one are done.

Then Maggard jumped the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Neither one are done.
    I figured money for sure and possibly plans or specs not completed. It takes a while to figure everything out. Most projects like this start the day after the last game. It didn't make sense when we were told demo in spring or summer. We could have been in a situation where we had a demoed upper deck and press box and not enough money to rebuild. The techsters and others would have had a field day with that.

This is a BIG high profile project. You really really really really have to have everything planned out from beginning to end before you start anything. Once the Demo starts. .there is no turning back AND you get the "I hope I didn't forget anything" feeling in your gut.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I figured money for sure and possibly plans or specs not completed. It takes a while to figure everything out. Most projects like this start the day after the last game. It didn't make sense when we were told demo in spring or summer. We could have been in a situation where we had a demoed upper deck and press box and not enough money to rebuild. The techsters and others would have had a field day with that.

This is a BIG high profile project. You really really really really have to have everything planned out from beginning to end before you start anything. Once the Demo starts. .there is no turning back AND you get the "I hope I didn't forget anything" feeling in your gut.
    100% can bet the farm there will be at least one big change order. After 50 years, would expect soil issues at the very least once they open things up.

100% can bet the farm there will be at least one big change order. After 50 years, would expect soil issues at the very least once they open things up.
    I would suspect they would do an extensive geotech investigation poor to foundation design.

I would suspect they would do an extensive geotech investigation prior to foundation design.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I would suspect they would do an extensive geotech investigation prior to foundation design.

Fully agree, but we both know the nature of the beast. If UL pulls this off without any surprises, Maggard is our next president.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I will be pretty surprised if we “break ground” after the 22 season according to what’s been discussed in meetings recently.
    Sounds dismal, but as a long time Ragin Cajun, it doesn't surprise me. After all, the renovation of CF is only about 20 years behind now, what's a few more. The next thing we will hear, is the scaling back of the project, which is not a desirable option.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    The next thing we will hear, is the scaling back of the project, which is not a desirable option.
    That is part of the discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That is part of the discussions.
    Hold onto your wallets. Get ready for steel prices to skyrocket again with the war going on in Ukraine.

So is the plan still just the upper deck and press box being done?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Hold onto your wallets. Get ready for steel prices to skyrocket again with the war going on in Ukraine.
    True. On the other hand, the war, inflation, and higher interest rates could throw our country into a recession later this year deflating demand for goods and services. Lots more uncertainty than before. Still I'm optimistic the stadium renovation will get kicked off after this football season or the next.

Got my invoice and I’m in UD2. Due by May 1st. Demolition won’t be happening this year

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information