Thread: MBB: Akwuba Leads Louisiana Men’s Basketball Past Georgia Southern

1. UL Basketball MBB: Akwuba Leads Louisiana Men’s Basketball Past Georgia Southern

Junior forward Theo Akwuba recorded a season-high 21 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks to lead Louisiana Men's Basketball (13-13, 8-8 SBC) past Georgia Southern on Wednesday night in Hanner Arena.

The victory marked the third straight for the Ragin' Cajuns.

The Ragin' Cajuns improve to 13-13 on the season

Default Re: MBB: Akwuba Leads Louisiana Men’s Basketball Past Georgia Southern

Ok, I had no clue we had a game last night. I was used to Thursday-Saturday schedules

Yep, next game against Gstate is Friday night. The women are still playing Thursday -Saturday, but for some reason they switched the men.

Last night, Akuba looked about as good as he ever has in a Cajun uniform.

5. Default Re: MBB: Akwuba Leads Louisiana Men’s Basketball Past Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Last night, Akuba looked about as good as he ever has in a Cajun uniform.
    That tends to happen when you play the dregs of a bad conference and the opponent has no player comparable in size and/or strength.

6. Default Re: MBB: Akwuba Leads Louisiana Men’s Basketball Past Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That tends to happen when you play the dregs of a bad conference and the opponent has no player comparable in size and/or strength.
    Theo has had good games vs good opponents before this season. I believe he’s a better player when he’s the main Big Man.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ok, I had no clue we had a game last night. I was used to Thursday-Saturday schedules
    The entire league is on a Wednesday and Friday schedule this week. Reason is ESPN wanted a Friday night game to air. They wanted to wait to see how the season played out before making a selection. I think they have chosen whoever Texas State is playing as they are in first place. I believe the opponent is Troy. Looks like Bobcats will be regular season champions for second straight year. They have lots of experience in their back court which usually leads to success. As far as Awkuba is concerned, you would think he would be a matchup problem for Georgia Southern. However, in the game here he only scored one point. Nice to see him bounce back with a strong performance last night.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Theo has had good games vs good opponents before this season. I believe he’s a better player when he’s the main Big Man.
    Express may be on to something here as when both he and Brown are on the court he has not been as effective as last night. They do need to play together at times but it may be best to continue starting Dou Gueye alongside Theo in whatever number of games we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The entire league is on a Wednesday and Friday schedule this week. Reason is ESPN wanted a Friday night game to air. They wanted to wait to see how the season played out before making a selection. I think they have chosen whoever Texas State is playing as they are in first place. I believe the opponent is Troy. Looks like Bobcats will be regular season champions for second straight year. They have lots of experience in their back court which usually leads to success. As far as Awkuba is concerned, you would think he would be a matchup problem for Georgia Southern. However, in the game here he only scored one point. Nice to see him bounce back with a strong performance last night.
    Damn, last I looked App State was winning the conference.

Express may be on to something here as when both he and Brown are on the court he has not been as effective as last night. They do need to play together at times but it may be best to continue starting Dou Gueye alongside Theo in whatever number of games we have left.
    I was going to make this point as well, but was on my phone and don't like to do much posting with it. Akuba did look more comfortable without Jordan on the floor with him. Jordan and Charles seem to work well together and Dugas and Akuba seem more comfortable with each other as well. There's not much room in the paint when one 6'11" player starts moving toward the basket. Jordan does a lot of spin moves on his way to the basket, taking up large areas of the floor and I think that keeps Akuba away from the basket.

When will brown be cleared to play again?

Was Brown held out last night because of contact tracing?

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Was Brown held out last night because of contact tracing?
    Yes on the Brown ? Jay said last night he is expected to play Friday night.

Yes on the Brown ? Jay said last night he is expected to play Friday night.
    He flew into Atlanta yesterday.

Thread Information