Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview with Alyson Habetz Alabama Associate Head Softball Coach

Tickets Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview with Alyson Habetz Alabama Associate Head Softball Coach

In this podcast I interview Alyson Habetz. She talks about her playing days in high school, at USL, and on the Silver Bullets baseball team. She also talks about her lifelong relationship with Tommy Lasorda.

We then discuss the upcoming games between the Cajuns and the Crimson Tide.

I hope you find it interesting and informative. I hope you tell another Ragin' Cajun fan about it as her story is an inspiring one.

Go Cajuns and see you at the ballpark. Here's the link.

https://anchor.fm/roarman/episodes/A.erview-e1enu6j

Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview with Alyson Habetz Alabama Associate Head Softball C

Great interview!

Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview with Alyson Habetz Alabama Associate Head Softball C

Best one yet! Ya gotta listen to this!

Great interview Roarman! Alyson sure can tell a story. ESPN did a 30 for 30 on the Silver Bullets that Alyson and Rory talk about and have a portion devoted to the brawl she mentions. The pitcher that beaned the young lady was laughing as she charged the mound but after she drilled him with a right cross and almost dropped him, he realized at that point how serious those girls took the game. Looking forward to the matchup Thursday and this weekend.

Awesome. I'm definitely going to check it out. Alyson was a great interview. I really appreciate her taking the time out to speak with me.

Great interview Rory. She and I have talked about Tommy Lasorda many times over the years and I was surprised at how close he and her were. I saw the ESPN special another poster mentioned and it was pretty neat to be able to talk to her first hand about the brawl and about her days with the Silver Bullets. She really does has a gift for telling a story. Her and my daughter are very close and I enjoyed the many talks I had with her over the past 5 years. She is the youngest of 9 and my wife and I got to know several of her siblings and their families over the time that my daughter was at Alabama. Good people all the way around. I bet she will have a crew at Lamson and in Youngsville.

Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Great interview Rory. She and I have talked about Tommy Lasorda many times over the years and I was surprised at how close he and her were. I saw the ESPN special another poster mentioned and it was pretty neat to be able to talk to her first hand about the brawl and about her days with the Silver Bullets. She really does has a gift for telling a story. Her and my daughter are very close and I enjoyed the many talks I had with her over the past 5 years. She is the youngest of 9 and my wife and I got to know several of her siblings and their families over the time that my daughter was at Alabama. Good people all the way around. I bet she will have a crew at Lamson and in Youngsville.
    She's very excited about her players being able to ride in a parade.

I didn't put it in the podcast, but we talked about her sister being a world championship ballroom dancer. Pretty amazing.

This is a can't miss episode! As soon as I listen to it I texted Rory and told him he had a first class guest and he delivered a first class interview.

Yep….glad you mentioned that her sister was a world championship dancer. I am sure she was amazed when you mentioned that bit of information.
    Again, great interview!

11. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview with Alyson Habetz Alabama Associate Head Softball C

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Yep….glad you mentioned that her sister was a world championship dancer. I am sure she was amazed when you mentioned that bit of information.
    Again, great interview!
    …….I first heard of Alyson when she played at UL and spoke at a girls biddy basketball function in Abbeville…the next time I saw her was when we were inducted the same day into the UL Athletics Hall of Fame in 2003…….really enjoyed meeting all her family and getting to know them briefly…I guess because she found out that I also coached at UL after playing and living in Abbeville asked me a question kinda privately……How could she get back to UL? I think my answer was somewhat like just keep on doing what you are doing……and yes of course I fell in love with her and her family….sure hope I get to see her for the games!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …….I first heard of Alyson when she played at UL and spoke at a girls biddy basketball function in Abbeville…the next time I saw her was when we were inducted the same day into the UL Athletics Hall of Fame in 2003…….really enjoyed meeting all her family and getting to know them briefly…I guess because she found out that I also coached at UL after playing and living in Abbeville asked me a question kinda privately……How could she get back to UL? I think my answer was somewhat like just keep on doing what you are doing……and yes of course I fell in love with her and her family….sure hope I get to see her for the games!
    You know Boomer, it is just funny how life works out sometimes. In her interview with roarman, she spoke about accepting the assistant's job at Alabama with the intention of being there 2 years before going to law school. Now, 24 years later, she is happy as a lark.

I would have loved if she had made it back to UL but things have worked out pretty well for her there!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You know Boomer, it is just funny how life works out sometimes. In her interview with roarman, she spoke about accepting the assistant's job at Alabama with the intention of being there 2 years before going to law school. Now, 24 years later, she is happy as a lark.

I would have loved if she had made it back to UL but things have worked out pretty well for her there!
    I'm not positive, but I think one reason she has not considered coaching at another school, is because she is almost qualified for a pension from the university. And, with it, she may never have to work another day in her life.

14. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview with Alyson Habetz Alabama Associate Head Softball C

Really well done Rory.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Really well done Rory.
    Thanks. You're only as good as the person you're interviewing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information