Thread: CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

1. UL Tennis CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team posted a 4-3 win over UTSA on Saturday, Feb. 19 at the Thomas J. Henry Tennis Center in Corpus Christi, Texas, landing the team the tournament title at the H-E-B Tournament of Champions and a ninth consecutive victory overall.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

Very nice!! WAY TO GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Default Re: CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

Champions!
    Nice going Cajuns!

Mens tennis is having a hell of a season. 10-1.

Yes they are. They are Currently ranked number 41 in the nation. That ranking will improve when the new rankings come out this week.

6. Default Re: CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes they are. They are Currently ranked number 41 in the nation. That ranking will improve when the new rankings come out this week.
    Saw you Friday night and wanted to stop you to talk tennis but had the kids dragging me around by the nostrils.

Tennis is turning heads and we definitely need to be talking more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Saw you Friday night and wanted to stop you to talk tennis but had the kids dragging me around by the nostrils.

Agreed. I thought this team was a year or two away. But I was wrong

I liked our old coach, but the new guy seems to feel right at home!

I will make it a point to get out and see some good tennis from the home team.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Nice!!! Congrats to all!!!

10. Default Re: CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I liked our old coach, but the new guy seems to feel right at home!

I will make it a point to get out and see some good tennis from the home team.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    The great news is our new coach is our old assistant coach. He wanted to be back here and he is. He has a history of being at winning programs and developing talent. When he was an assistant here we were playing some good tennis. I liked Coach Jeffrey as well, but I think Coach Luc is going to take us to new heights that we haven't seen in many years.

Another great hire by Dr. Maggard.

11. Default Re: CHAMPIONS! Louisiana Claims Title at H-E-B Tournament of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Grab me next time you see me. I am sorry we did not hook up. I have no problem talking tennis, specifically Cajun Tennis. I started following them back in 1988 and have since then. In fact I used to go to the Cajun baseball games, purposely stand at the top of the 3rd base line stands when they were playing tennis and watch both the baseball and tennis at the same time.

I started playing when I was 9 and still do today, granted I am a few steps slower in my 50's then in my teens.

Two of my HS teammates briefly played for the Cajuns in the late 80's. I attempted an ill fated walk-on tryout back in 88.

Thread Information