Thread: Fillat Gimenez Claims Another Sun Belt Men's Tennis Player of the Week for Louisi

1. UL Tennis Fillat Gimenez Claims Another Sun Belt Men's Tennis Player of the Week for Louisi

For the second consecutive week the Sun Belt Men's Tennis Player of the Week honor was awarded to a member of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team with Oriol Fillat Gimenez being the recipient for his efforts in helping the team extend its winning streak, Feb. 11-12, in Lubbock, Texas.

Default Re: Fillat Gimenez Claims Another Sun Belt Men's Tennis Player of the Week for Louisi

Congrats to Fillat Gimenez.

The draw for the HEB Tournament of Champions in Corpus Christi is now out and it is a tough draw for the Cajuns.

The Cajuns start off vs ETSU, this is a very tough draw as ETSU played last season in the NCAA tournament and lost to #11 Georgia in the 1st round, they return 4 players from that team.

Depending on the results the Cajuns will play either Texas A&M-Corpus Christi or Depaul. If they win they will play the winner of that match, if they lose to ETSU they will play the loser. Not much is known about ETSU this year as they are 2-3, they have lost 3 matches badly to national powerhouses Tennessee (twice) and Clemson and have defeated Presbyterian and Indiana. Indiana is 3-3 but has played a pretty easy schedule up to this point.

The other side of the draws matches up:

NMSU vs UTSA (UTSA should win this match handily).
    Troy vs Abilene Christian (Troy should win this one handily).

I would assume Troy vs UTSA in a match that UTSA should win. The Cajuns if they can get past ETSU will be in good shape in round 2 as they have already beaten Corpus and Depaul, while traditionally a decent team, should be inferior to the Cajuns. I am not sure how the Cajuns got such a tough first round match as usually teams are seeded in this tournament, but if they play like they are capable of playing they should be in the Tournament Main Draw Finals vs UTSA.

Default Re: Fillat Gimenez Claims Another Sun Belt Men's Tennis Player of the Week for Louisi

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Congrats to Fillat Gimenez.

The draw for the HEB Tournament of Champions in Corpus Christi is now out and it is a tough draw for the Cajuns.

The Cajuns start off vs ETSU, this is a very tough draw as ETSU played last season in the NCAA tournament and lost to #11 Georgia in the 1st round, they return 4 players from that team.

Depending on the results the Cajuns will play either Texas A&M-Corpus Christi or Depaul. If they win they will play the winner of that match, if they lose to ETSU they will play the loser. Not much is known about ETSU this year as they are 2-3, they have lost 3 matches badly to national powerhouses Tennessee (twice) and Clemson and have defeated Presbyterian and Indiana. Indiana is 3-3 but has played a pretty easy schedule up to this point.

The other side of the draws matches up:

NMSU vs UTSA (UTSA should win this match handily).
    Troy vs Abilene Christian (Troy should win this one handily).

I would assume Troy vs UTSA in a match that UTSA should win. The Cajuns if they can get past ETSU will be in good shape in round 2 as they have already beaten Corpus and Depaul, while traditionally a decent team, should be inferior to the Cajuns. I am not sure how the Cajuns got such a tough first round match as usually teams are seeded in this tournament, but if they play like they are capable of playing they should be in the Tournament Main Draw Finals vs UTSA.
    As expected the Draw that came out yesterday was incorrect. The correct draw came out today. Today the actual draw/correct draw came out and the Cajuns have a much better draw.

As expected the Cajuns are the #2 Seed, with UTSA being the #1. The Cajuns will face the #7 seed in Abilene Christian (a team they easily defeated earlier in the season) at 9 AM on Friday. If they win, they will play the winner of the 3-6 seed in ETSU and Texas A&M Corpus Christi at 2:30 on Friday, if they lose they will play the loser of that match (I don't suspect they will lose Match 1.

On the other side of the draw UTSA is the #1 seed and will face #8 seed NMSU, the 4/5 matchup is Troy vs Depaul and the winners will face off in that match and the losers will face off.

The Troy vs Depaul and aTm--CC vs ETSU will be interesting. The Cajuns easily defeated the Islanders earlier in the season so I don't see them being an issue. The ? will be ETSU if they defeat CC.

Geaux Cajuns. The good news is I would expect the Cajuns to beat ACU and guarantee a top 4 finish, but they need to try to get to the finals of this tournament and have a rematch vs UTSA.

Thread Information