Default Re: SB: Louisiana 10, Nicholls 2

Rick and Marty Lagina are looking for tickets to that game

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Rick and Marty Lagina are looking for tickets to that game
    They may be out of luck for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    As I stated yesterday in a different post, it was going to be hard to keep Nicholls from scoring they are a decent offensive club as shown by the fact that they got 5 hits and 2 runs. But where I knew they were going to struggle was going to be pitching and defense. Their was no way they were going to hold us down. Their best pitcher threw 3 innings and gave up 7 runs (6 earned) and their backup who came in didn't fair any better.

Sam is going to struggle a little as she is a Freshman, but with time she is going to be fine. I am excited to see this team grow and learn.

Next up is a one game Thursday night affair with #2 ranked Alabama. Bama is 4-0 with wins over Southern Utah, Oregon State, #9 ranked Arizona (an 11-0 5 inning game) and New Mexico.

The 11-0 victory vs Arizona is scary. Alabama is out scoring their opponents in 4 games by a score of 33-4.
    I agree with you that Landry is learning and will be very good. Nicholls may not have scored against Lamb or Schorman.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I agree with you that Landry is learning and will be very good. Nicholls may not have scored against Lamb or Schorman.
    I disagree with both of you. Maybe y'all weren't at the same games that I was. Landry has thrown, I think, 12 innings. She's made two mistakes. On two batters, with an 0-2 count, she threw the ball down the middle of the plate. Both players got a hit. One, to break up a no-hitter, the other to score a run.

If she continues to throw her off speed, 50 mph pitch for strikes, she will be almost unhittable.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I disagree with both of you. Maybe y'all weren't at the same games that I was. Landry has thrown, I think, 12 innings. She's made two mistakes. On two batters, with an 0-2 count, she threw the ball down the middle of the plate. Both players got a hit. One, to break up a no-hitter, the other to score a run.

If she continues to throw her off speed, 50 mph pitch for strikes, she will be almost unhittable.
    Your points are well taken. But part of learning is not throwing a pitch down the middle to a college hitter with an 0-2 count. And, yes, her change up was great.

6. Default Re: SB: Louisiana 10, Nicholls 2

Your points are well taken. But part of learning is not throwing a pitch down the middle to a college hitter with an 0-2 count. And, yes, her change up was great.
    Yes, to your point, I agree Sam is going to be amazing, I am just saying she is learning on the job. She will be fine, better than fine.

I think, obviously, those two pitches were mistakes. I highly doubt Justin called them. So far, from what I've seen, she's everything they said she was.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes, to your point, I agree Sam is going to be amazing, I am just saying she is learning on the job. She will be fine, better than fine.
    Do you know why O'Neal didn't play, resting?

9. Default Re: SB: Louisiana 10, Nicholls 2

This is what I took away. For some one that isn’t as tied into the SB team as you guys, it was hard to tell this was only her 2-3rd appearance. Total novice opinion, but she did not get rattled when the count ran full, when she was down in the count, or when baserunners were on the bags. Whatever that off speed pitch is, it can be devastating going forward. I’m guessing she’s touching high 60s with the heater? Agree that she will be very good as she gains experience but that might be later this season rather than 2 years from now. I came away very impressed.

Trying to get more into SB as my daughter gets older. She loved the game last night. Big shoutout to Melrock for the last minute tix!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is what I took away. For some one that isn’t as tied into the SB team as you guys, it was hard to tell this was only her 2-3rd appearance. Total novice opinion, but she did not get rattled when the count ran full, when she was down in the count, or when baserunners were on the bags. Whatever that off speed pitch is, it can be devastating going forward. I’m guessing she’s touching high 60s with the heater? Agree that she will be very good as she gains experience but that might be later this season rather than 2 years from now. I came away very impressed.

Trying to get more into SB as my daughter gets older. She loved the game last night. Big shoutout to Melrock for the last minute tix!
    Nice observation. Glad you and your daughter got to see the Cajuns play. Just a note, if you look to center field right above the Y in Yvette, is a digital display with the speed of the pitch.

11. Default Re: SB: Louisiana 10, Nicholls 2

Nice observation. Glad you and your daughter got to see the Cajuns play. Just a note, if you look to center field right above the Y in Yvette, is a digital display with the speed of the pitch.
    Good to know. The digital board package much improved over last year. Am I imagining that?

Also, was my guess close on Sam’s velo?

Text me if you ever need tickets. I had 2 extra last night.

I was sitting next to Roarman. Sam fastball hit a high of 69 with serious movement and spin. Her changeup dipped as low as 48 mph. If she throws that for strikes she will be almost unhittable against any team.

14. Default Re: SB: Louisiana 10, Nicholls 2

Good to know. The digital board package much improved over last year. Am I imagining that?

Also, was my guess close on Sam’s velo?
    Spot on on her velocity. The highest I saw on the gun last night was 68 and she hit that with a few pitches. She threw a rise ball at 68 that one batter swung and missed at and then came back with a change up on the next pitch that registered 49. The batter cork screwed herself into the ground swinging at that one. UL faces Nichols again next weekend so I expect another run rule game. The big test will be their games against Alabama. It will be a cluster in Youngsville next weekend with their Mardi Gras event going on at the same time as the tournament so get a ticket to the Thursday night game if you can.

Default Re: SB: Louisiana vs Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not including the outs...

Gossen singled

Vazquez singled

Gossen advanced to second

Poche' doubled

Gossen scored.
    Hey Red Bug,

Does that Gossen name sound familiar to you? Word has it that you had some dealings with one of them a while back. Hope you came out on a better side.
    LOL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information