Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bob Marlin says outside criticism isn't impacting his approach

Default Re: Bob Marlin says outside criticism isn't impacting his approach

At this point, Coach Morris deserves the chance to Coach this team thru the tournament.

^^^This

I believe Coach Morris has a better record this year as head coach than Marlin

Not sure what will happen definitively, but if I had to guess, I imagine that Bob will coach through the remainder of the season and the tourney. (Especially if as some have suggested, there is a $100K buyout that disappears on April 1).

If that happens, I assume all the current assistants will have to look for new gigs. I can't envision a new coach retaining any of the current staff. You don't typically see assistants get retained in basketball (but it's certainly happened before).

Prediction: For better or worse, Coach Marlin finishes the season then resigns. Sure we needed to move on from Coach a few years back. But now, just six weeks out, why pay out another $100K when you can avoid it?

I think that the future coaching search should be handled just like it should be handled in football with a thorough nationwide search with potential help from a search firm and try to find the best candidates whether they are 32 or 62. I would love to see Morris finish out the season as the coach but I know there is no way that will happen. I liked the analogy of stale goods and our program. We are very stale and once you've passed that freshness expiration, it doesn't come back. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think that the future coaching search should be handled just like it should be handled in football with a thorough nationwide search with potential help from a search firm and try to find the best candidates whether they are 32 or 62. I would love to see Morris finish out the season as the coach but I know there is no way that will happen. I liked the analogy of stale goods and our program. We are very stale and once you've passed that freshness expiration, it doesn't come back. Move on.

I cancelled basketball 6 years ago. I was in the Marvin Winkler days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    I cancelled basketball 6 years ago. I was in the Marvin Winkler days.
    Any chance you go back with significant improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Any chance you go back with significant improvement?
    I think the real question is whether or not there will be significant improvement.

You know, if the guys quit giving the ball away like the creepy guy in a van gives out candy, a run is possible. Make the tournament, Bob retires at 65.

Will it happen, my magic 8 ball doesn’t see it going that way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information