Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SB G5 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulsa 0

Default Re: SB : Game 5 Tulsa

These girls can play. It’s early but we look legit.

Default Re: SB G5 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulsa 0

I heard some folks had some doubts about these ladies since they're so young. I myself was a little bit concerned, but this weekend has erased any doubt. If this team can keep up with or beat bama, this is a world series team

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    I heard some folks had some doubts about these ladies since they're so young. I myself was a little bit concerned, but this weekend has erased any doubt. If this team can keep up with or beat bama, this is a world series team
    The pitching staff looks legit. The newcomers are making an instant impact. This weekend makes you feel down right giddy about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    Pump the brakes just a little bit.

5. Default Re: SB G5 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulsa 0

No brakes needed when the other team does not score . . .

Haha I'm still waiting for the big games against state, Texas, and Bama to really be sold, but this pitching staff is stellar

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Pump the brakes just a little bit.
    Girls looked solid but still a long season

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Girls looked solid but still a long season
    And there is one position that we can't afford to have an injury.

9. Default Re: SB G5 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulsa 0

We played some pretty good teams this weekend. We will play some great teams later in the season. But I am very excited about how good this team could be.

Glasco has to learn how to coach third base. He is hurting this team…

"We did a lot of good things, but we did a lot we can clean up,” Glasco said. “We’ve got to work on our baserunning. We work on every day being a nightmare and being super aggressive. When you do that, it’s really hard to run the bases correctly. It’s easy to run the bases if you’re going 80% going around them, but when you’re going 100%, you’ve got to make split-second decisions. We’re going to get a lot better at that.”

12. Default Re: SB G5 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulsa 0

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Glasco has to learn how to coach third base. He is hurting this team…
    You need to learn softball and how aggressive base running works. Glasco does not run the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You need to learn softball and how aggressive base running works. Glasco does not run the bases.
    Making kids take wide turns at 3rd when the ball is in the infield is not aggressive, it’s stupid. Learn the difference.

Making kids take wide turns at 3rd when the ball is in the infield is not aggressive, it’s stupid. Learn the difference.
    Look at it like this. These first 5 games have been against teams that aren't that good. It is early in the season so Coach Glasco has a chance to try and work on some stuff (base running wise) to see if it works against weaker teams. This will give him a good parameter to see if he can really push the envelope against better teams and better defenses. Most of these base running issues where on the players. We also had mental errors, like when Coach Glasco gave a runner the steal sign twice and they missed it both times. That is frustrating also. Coach and the players will get better.

15. Default Re: SB G5 Final: Louisiana 8, Tulsa 0

So you really think Glasco was deciding in the moment how wide a turn the base runner would take. You think he has a remote or what? This may be a teaching moment for the next game but not an in game coaching moment. Learn the difference. No matter what, I suspect you would be eating cheese. It’s the RP way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information