Thread: Men's Tennis: Louisiana Completes Lone Star Sweep With 5-2 Win Over NMSU

1. UL Tennis MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team (5-1) seeks to continue its winning streak from Friday-Saturday, Feb. 11-12 as they gear up to face Texas Tech (4-3) and New Mexico State (2-4) at the McLeod Tennis Center on the TTU campus.

Default Re: MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

Just finished watching the Cajuns take down Texas Tech 4-1 in Lubbock on their website, they face NMSU tomorrow. This is a huge win, considering we have taken down aTm-CC, Rice and Texas Tech in back to back to back matches. Texas Tech is traditionally a very good team. Texas Tech went 13-8 last year and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. So far this year our only loss has been to a really good UTSA team.

The Cajuns will get a real good look at NMSU as they face Texas Tech this afternoon. It will be interesting to see how Tech and NMSU match up and see if the Cajuns can move to 7-1 with a win vs the Aggies.

After this the Cajuns move on to the HEB Tournament of Champions, in Corpus Christi, TX which they play in almost every year, this year the teams there will be UTSA, UL, Depaul, Troy, NMSU, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, ETSU and Abilene Christian. The top 3 teams in this tournament will be UTSA, ETSU and UL. But Troy, Texas A&M CC and Depaul are usually pretty good as well.

This is a seek your own level tournament, which means if you win you stay in the winners bracket, if you lose you move to the losers bracket, but you are guaranteed 3 matches over the weekend, the Cajuns should be one of the top 3 seeds.

I think it will be #1 UTSA, #2 UL, #3 ETSU, #4 Texas A&M CC, #5 Troy, #6 Depaul, #7 NMSU and #8 ACU. Just my thoughts so if I am correct we will face NMSU again then the winner of ETSU and Depaul.

Unfortunately this team will not be home until March 5th, but if you have a chance to go out and watch some good tennis, you should try to.

That match on March 5th will be against Coastal Carolina.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!!!Keep winning!!!!!!Ring the bell!!!!!!

3. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

Biggest win in years

Default Re: MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Biggest win in years
    Absolutely

Yea!!!! Something to have bragging rights over my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yea!!!! Something to have bragging rights over my wife!

It’s a shame to think about how good this team could have been. They have lost 2 players in the last 2 years Jan Galka who is playing the number 2 position at auburn and IValio kemenediev who is playing the #3 position at Oregon.

7. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It’s a shame to think about how good this team could have been. They have lost 2 players in the last 2 years Jan Galka who is playing the number 2 position at auburn and IValio kemenediev who is playing the #3 position at Oregon.
    Let's say they both stayed at Louisiana.

Scary good.

What # position would they hold here?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Let's say they both stayed at Louisiana.

Scary good.

What # position would they hold here?
    Galka was playing #1 here as a freshman. He would have been stayed at that spot. Kemenediev was #4. I could have seen him being #2 or 3.

So Dave, did they simply transfer out or there is a transfer portal for tennis?

10. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

Transferred out. This has been happening in college tennis for years most of these players are from foreign countries and they get here looking for better opportunities

11. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Ready to Tackle Pair of Matches, Test Win Streak in Lubbock

Cajuns move to 7-1 with a 5-2 victory over NMSU.

Geaux Cajuns. On to the HEB tournament in corpus this weekend.

12. UL Tennis Men's Tennis: Louisiana Completes Lone Star Sweep With 5-2 Win Over NMSU

Karlo Kajin and Alejandro Sanchez Gonzalez clinched a highly-contested doubles point to give the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team claimed four straight matches in singles play to claim its sixth consecutive victory with a 5-2 decision over New Mexico State on Saturday at the McLeod Tennis Center.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just finished watching the Cajuns take down Texas Tech 4-1 in Lubbock on their website, they face NMSU tomorrow. This is a huge win, considering we have taken down aTm-CC, Rice and Texas Tech in back to back to back matches. Texas Tech is traditionally a very good team. Texas Tech went 13-8 last year and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. So far this year our only loss has been to a really good UTSA team.

The Cajuns will get a real good look at NMSU as they face Texas Tech this afternoon. It will be interesting to see how Tech and NMSU match up and see if the Cajuns can move to 7-1 with a win vs the Aggies.

After this the Cajuns move on to the HEB Tournament of Champions, in Corpus Christi, TX which they play in almost every year, this year the teams there will be UTSA, UL, Depaul, Troy, NMSU, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, ETSU and Abilene Christian. The top 3 teams in this tournament will be UTSA, ETSU and UL. But Troy, Texas A&M CC and Depaul are usually pretty good as well.

This is a seek your own level tournament, which means if you win you stay in the winners bracket, if you lose you move to the losers bracket, but you are guaranteed 3 matches over the weekend, the Cajuns should be one of the top 3 seeds.

I think it will be #1 UTSA, #2 UL, #3 ETSU, #4 Texas A&M CC, #5 Troy, #6 Depaul, #7 NMSU and #8 ACU. Just my thoughts so if I am correct we will face NMSU again then the winner of ETSU and Depaul.

Unfortunately this team will not be home until March 5th, but if you have a chance to go out and watch some good tennis, you should try to.

That match on March 5th will be against Coastal Carolina.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!!!Keep winning!!!!!!Ring the bell!!!!!!
    Absolutely. Way to go Cajuns!
    Did Texas Tech beat NMSU?

14. Default Re: Men's Tennis: Louisiana Completes Lone Star Sweep With 5-2 Win Over NMSU

Yes 6-1

15. Default Re: Men's Tennis: Louisiana Completes Lone Star Sweep With 5-2 Win Over NMSU

How can a guy whose last name is Kajin not play for the Cajuns . . . and play well I might add . . .

Thread Information