Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Texas State 82

1. Default

Is anyone still interested in men's basketball?? Has everyone had enough losing? When is this AD going to do something about this pitiful coach?

The men's basketball program has been a joke for years, but for some reason Maggard can't pull the trigger on one of the worst coaches in UL history. 1 NCAA and 1 NIT tourney in over a decade. It can't get much worse, it's time for new blood right after this season is over.

2. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Basketball Loses 82-73 to Texas State in the Cajundome

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns basketball team played well, but Texas State put them away late at the free throw line to sweep the regular season series with them.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Texas State 82

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    Is anyone still interested in men's basketball?? Has everyone had enough losing? When is this AD going to do something about this pitiful coach?

The men's basketball program has been a joke for years, but for some reason Maggard can't pull the trigger on one of the worst coaches in UL history. 1 NCAA and 1 NIT tourney in over a decade. It can't get much worse, it's time for new blood right after this season is over.
    Could be worse, could be one NCAA and one NIT in 50 years.

Neither is acceptable.

This gmg cares about winning basketball.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Texas State 82

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    This gmg cares about winning basketball.
    Everybody cares about “this gmg” about as much as they care about basketball . . .

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Texas State 82

Like it or not NCAA basketball is the single best way to get glory and money at our level.

Isn't Marlin the winningest coach in UL history?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I am pretty sure Beryl Shipley is the winningest coach in program history (regardless of what NCAA says.). Coach Marlin has more SBC wins than any other coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    The sun belt has been a mediocre to borderline terrible basketball conference for the majority of Marlin’s 12 year tenure. He has only won 1 regular season title and that was after middle and western left. Could you imagine how many wins Jessie Evans could have reeled off in a pizz poor conference? The SBC was actually decent when he was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am pretty sure Beryl Shipley is the winningest coach in program history (regardless of what NCAA says.). Coach Marlin has more SBC wins than any other coach.
    Thanks. I couldn't remember exactly what it was. I just remembered him being honored with something like that a year or two ago.

I, along with almost everyone else, am way past ready for a change. I can't even bring myself to watch anymore.

Oh wait, basketball lost again?

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Texas State 82

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Oh wait, basketball lost again?
    No news here, go back into hibernation until baseball opens.

At this point, we are just biding time. Unless we win the Sun Belt Tournament (pfffff hahaha!), I would think a change should be coming sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    At this point, we are just biding time. Unless we win the Sun Belt Tournament (pfffff hahaha!), I would think a change should be coming sooner than later.
    Which is exactly what scares me the most. This team is talented enough to put together a hot 3 game streak and win the SBC tournament. Jay was right when he said anybody can pretty much beat anybody on any given night.

Turnovers are the worst thing about watching this team. We lead the league in TO's and this is a bad league and its downright comical at times watching this team function like a special needs PE class.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Which is exactly what scares me the most. This team is talented enough to put together a hot 3 game streak and win the SBC tournament. Jay was right when he said anybody can pretty much beat anybody on any given night.

Turnovers are the worst thing about watching this team. We lead the league in TO's and this is a bad league and its downright comical at times watching this team function like a special needs PE class.
    Disagree. We were way oversold on this team’s talent. Inside yes, but the guards just aren’t that good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information