Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Default Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    NCAA tournament this year or Deggs will be on the hot seat. Plain and simple.
    But it's ok for Big Fish Bob to rob the university with mid six figure salaries for TWELVE YEARS and beat absolutely no one and keep his job ? Dude should have been run 7 years ago. Give me a break on Deggs. This will be his second FULL season. 2020 counts for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    This schedule being 40 wins in no way resembles 20 wins in basketball by Marlin
    I wasn't being specific to this year's baseball schedule. Let me clarify. Generally, no matter how many wins you have and no matter how wonderful or impressive the schedule is you will not be a HC for long if you consistently miss the post season.

And still has a job after 12 years. Not another program in the universe would put up with that.

4. Default Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I wasn't being specific to this year's baseball schedule. Let me clarify. Generally, no matter how many wins you have and no matter how wonderful or impressive the schedule is you will not be a HC for long if you consistently miss the post season.
    Fair enough. Generally I’d agree, but with the way things happened I don’t believe Deggs is being judged on his 3 seasons. First Robe died after the recruiting had wrapped. Then Wuhan, 19,20, and 21. Nothing normal about his first 3 seasons.

This schedule being 40 wins in no way resembles 20 wins in basketball by Marlin
    If we win 40 with the ‘22 schedule we are an at large. I think if we got 2 & Q in the Conference Tournament we’ll be a bubble team with 40 wins.

Fair enough. Generally I’d agree, but with the way things happened I don’t believe Deggs is being judged on his 3 seasons. First Robe died after the recruiting had wrapped. Then Wuhan, 19,20, and 21. Nothing normal about his first 3 seasons.
    I agree. Don't think he's on the hot seat this year but if he misses post season in year 3, I believe his seat will be considerably hot going into year 4 and rightfully so. It's time to move on from Robe's passing as so unexpected, horrible and devastating as it was. And all programs had to deal with COVID so that will only afford him so much cover.

Season hasn’t started yet and we’re already bracing ourselves for not making a Regional for the 5th straight season. Fun times.

Let's get ahead of the curve and go ahead and start the first "Fire Deggs" thread.

Signed, RPADA (Ragin Pagin AD Association)

A

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I think so Nothing else matters. 40 wins is nice and all but if you're not playing in post season then it's just window dressing. Marlin is perfect example. Multiple 20 plus win seasons and only 1 trip to the Dance.
    40 wins in any year during the Robichauxs era would have gotten him into the post season tournament. The tournament selection committee has changed Deggs has no control over that. I personally can’t see a 40 win coach in baseball on the hot seat ever. I’m with Nilly on this one.

Before we get to 40 wins we need to take baby steps. As Coach would say 20 before 10. If this team gets 20 wins before 10 loses with the non conference schedule they play, it will be a very good year.

11. Default Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Before we get to 40 wins we need to take baby steps. As Coach would say 20 before 10. If this team gets 20 wins before 10 loses with the non conference schedule they play, it will be a very good year.
    With this opening 30 games 20 wins before 10 losses will be a challenge but if they do it they will be looking at a really good season

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    NCAA tournament this year or Deggs will be on the hot seat. Plain and simple.
    That is not correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information