Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

UL Baseball D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Kendall Rogers has South Alabama as the cream of the crop in his Sun Belt preview. He also predicts the SBC as a one bid league, with the Cajuns most likely to be a second team if the league gets two.

That goes back to my podcast with Coach Deggs where we talk about how hard it is now for mid-majors to get at-large bids now that the Big Ten is a multi bid league

D-1 has CUSA with four teams and the Big West with three. The American and SBC just one each.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Looks like we have to go undefeated then.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatIrvine

Default Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Looks like we have to go undefeated then.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatIrvine
    Well we surely need to compete very well in the non conference and finish in the top two of our league to get consideration for post season. This is said to be a better team than the past few years so we shall see. we need to stay healthy thats for sure

4. Default Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

The independant portion of the schedule is more important than ever.

I think Mr. Rogers is wrong as the Cajuns will be the best team and I think we are a 2-3 bid league

Good thing Southern Miss. and ODU are coming to the SBC. We’ll be back as a conference soon enough.

Furthermore, is the B1G really stronger than the new SBC top to bottom? I just don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Furthermore, is the B1G really stronger than the new SBC top to bottom? I just don’t see it.
    Big 10 is terrible as we will prove it when we smack down Indiana….they should be a 1 bid league but ESPN bias gives them more credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Big 10 is terrible as we will prove it when we smack down Indiana….they should be a 1 bid league but ESPN bias gives them more credibility.
    Indiana is a solid club, most years. But I agree NCAA/ESPN are really behind this B1G push.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I think Mr. Rogers is wrong as the Cajuns will be the best team and I think we are a 2-3 bid league
    No way 3 teams gets in from the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Kendall Rogers has South Alabama as the cream of the crop in his Sun Belt preview. He also predicts the SBC as a one bid league, with the Cajuns most likely to be a second team if the league gets two.

That goes back to my podcast with Coach Deggs where we talk about how hard it is now for mid-majors to get at-large bids now that the Big Ten is a multi bid league

D-1 has CUSA with four teams and the Big West with three. The American and SBC just one each.
    NCAA tournament this year or Deggs will be on the hot seat. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Hypothetical question. Lets say he gets 40 wins and doesn’t win the tourney and gets left out. You still think he’s on the hot seat?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Hypothetical question. Lets say he gets 40 wins and doesn’t win the tourney and gets left out. You still think he’s on the hot seat?
    I think so Nothing else matters. 40 wins is nice and all but if you're not playing in post season then it's just window dressing. Marlin is perfect example. Multiple 20 plus win seasons and only 1 trip to the Dance.

15. Default Re: D-1 Sun Belt Preview

This schedule being 40 wins in no way resembles 20 wins in basketball by Marlin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information