Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

UL Basketball Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

Sorry if there's already a Bo Lamar thread. Searched but couldn't find it.
    But anyway, what's the deal with him not being listed on the NCAA career scoring leader list?
    He's not on the Basketball Reference list or Wikipedia's. There's even a list of players that have scored 60 or more in a college game and he's not on that list either. What's even more strange is Wikipedia has two lists; one with 60 point games against division 1 opponents and a separate one against non-division 1 opponents. He's not on either list. However, he is listed on the list of players that have won scoring titles. So again, what's the deal?

2. Default Re: Bo Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Sorry if there's already a Bo Lamar thread. Searched but couldn't find it.
    But anyway, what's the deal with him not being listed on the NCAA career scoring leader list?
    He's not on the Basketball Reference list or Wikipedia's. There's even a list of players that have scored 60 or more in a college game and he's not on that list either. What's even more strange is Wikipedia has two lists; one with 60 point games against division 1 opponents and a separate one against non-division 1 opponents. He's not on either list. However, he is listed on the list of players that have won scoring titles. So again, what's the deal?
    Strictly a guess, but maybe individual records not counted because of the death penalty. The wins vacated or given to the opponents.

Default Re: Bo Lamar

I believe it is because we did not transition to the D1 level until his Junior year. 1st 2 seasons were played at the college level. Someone who knows better can probaly give a better explanation.

I'm sorry, but any time I see a thread that just has someone's name I think of someone leaving the program. Even Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I'm sorry, but any time I see a thread that just has someone's name I think of someone leaving the program. Even Bo.
    Or they have passed away. That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Or they have passed away. That's what I thought.
    Me too

7. Default Re: Bo Lamar

Check this out, #64 to be specific!!!!

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c.story.amp.html

8. Default Re: Bo Lamar

Check this out

This is why they came by the thousands

‘Lamar was a three-time All-American in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and finished his collegiate career with an astonishing scoring average of 31.2 points per game, thanks in large part to his patented high-arching jump shot.’
    Bleacher Report

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Southern Louisiana, really?

10. Default Re: Bo Lamar

Whatever can I say about dat?

That was a nice walk through ncaa basketball history! I wish there were better video from the past.

Check this out

This is why they came by the thousands

‘Lamar was a three-time All-American in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and finished his collegiate career with an astonishing scoring average of 31.2 points per game, thanks in large part to his patented high-arching jump shot.’
    Bleacher Report
    And, there was no 3 point shot in the late 1960 and early 1970s. Bo was fantastic and it was great to follow USL basketball back then.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    And, there was no 3 point shot in the late 1960 and early 1970s. Bo was fantastic and it was great to follow USL basketball back then.
    Interestingly, a couple of history profs, who were avid sports followers, told me that Lamar was not the main prospect. Shipley really wanted Fred Townsend, who did sign, but Bo was more of an after thought.

I was a kid back then and didn’t miss a game. I was there when Bo-Pete scored 62. There was a man from the opposition that kept yelling “One man team, One man team!” So I yelled at him “one man is beating you’re whole team!!!” My Dad grabbed me and about whopped me on the side of the head! I guess I was a little Smart Azz. ��

15. Default Re: Bo Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    That was a nice walk through ncaa basketball history! I wish there were better video from the past.
    The ones we have are in the hands of a guy who works for Florida.

I think he should turn over all evidence to Ragin Pagin and its subsidiary Ragin Filmin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information