Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

Default Re: Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

I played Bo in a game of horse one spring. Had to be 78 or 79. There were several things all going on at the same time around Cajun field. Fan fair or something related to get fan support for USL athletics. Bo had volunteered to play against anyone. I can't remember if I had to donate some cash to play him, but if I did it wasn't much. Anyway, the goal was outside the old athletic complex and it was a windy day. The fact that it was windy was a big deal because Bo had problems hitting the bombs from downtown. I was decent in horse and was very good with hook shots from 6 to 8 feet out. Bo couldn't make hook shots! I had to borrow some tennis shoes from my friend, AL Gray, because I had flops on. When I won the game on the last letter, Bo signed a cardboard award sign stating I beat USL Great Bo Lamar. Not lying. I have this sign buried away in my attic. When I retire later this year I'm going to dig it up and get it framed so I can display with my other UL artifacts.

Default Re: Bo Lamar

That is some sloppy writing. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    That is some sloppy writing. Terrible.
    Yeah, shut up.

Lex, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I read it and it was fine. A cool story, too! I would love to meet Bo Lamar one day but I don’t know if I’ll ever get that luxury. Watching that 360 shot is so cool. I wish Basketball was played the way it was in the 70s!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information