Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

1. Default Re: Bo Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Don’t forget that we had Roy Ebron on the inside and he had to be covered. He was about 6’9” and a beast. If Lamar didn’t make the shot, it was still going in.
    Sophomore year I’m pretty sure Enron wasn’t here. Garland Williams. Lamar was streaking to the opponent goal as soon as the shot was taken. He got lots of easy peasy layups. But regardless that kid would have a jumper about 42” off the court. Magnificent isn’t too big a word.

Default Re: Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    That is such a cool story!
    It was awesome! Ive never been happy losing like that in my life. I shared the court with a freekin legend!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    About 25 or so years ago, I was in my early 20's. I played in anopen 3 on 3 basketball tournament here in Lafayette. I was playing with some guys that Ive played with since I was a kid. So we started running through a bunch of teams, until.we faced a team with Bo Lamar. Now, at the time I didnt even realize it was him. Mostly because I never wouldve in my wildest dreams think I would be playing against him in a 3 on 3 tourney. Anyway, first play, kid throws the ball into Bo from half court, he turns and launches it from about 5 ft from half court line.nothing but net. As I turn back to look at this old guy who just drained this shot like it was nothing, I turned to the crowd along the sidelines in disbelief, one of the guys just looks at me and says, "Bo Lamar". I immediately look back at the old guy and realizeholy ____e! It really is HIM! Well, needless to say we lost. Bo literally scored 90% of their points exactly like he did on his first shot. Take the inbound pass, turn, and drain a 3 from half court. Hahahaha! It was freekin ridiculous.
    Welcome to the world the Blackham crowd had. Although the post death penalty teams at Blackham were great, the Lamar era would of ran them out the gym most nights.

Default Re: Bo Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Sophomore year I’m pretty sure Enron wasn’t here. Garland Williams. Lamar was streaking to the opponent goal as soon as the shot was taken. He got lots of easy peasy layups. But regardless that kid would have a jumper about 42” off the court. Magnificent isn’t too big a word.
    Sung to the tune of "Bo Lamar, Superstar."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Welcome to the world the Blackham crowd had. Although the post death penalty teams at Blackham were great, the Lamar era would of ran them out the gym most nights.
    I stole a beer from Craig Monroe one night

About 25 or so years ago, I was in my early 20's. I played in anopen 3 on 3 basketball tournament here in Lafayette. I was playing with some guys that Ive played with since I was a kid. So we started running through a bunch of teams, until.we faced a team with Bo Lamar. Now, at the time I didnt even realize it was him. Mostly because I never wouldve in my wildest dreams think I would be playing against him in a 3 on 3 tourney. Anyway, first play, kid throws the ball into Bo from half court, he turns and launches it from about 5 ft from half court line.nothing but net. As I turn back to look at this old guy who just drained this shot like it was nothing, I turned to the crowd along the sidelines in disbelief, one of the guys just looks at me and says, "Bo Lamar". I immediately look back at the old guy and realizeholy ____e! It really is HIM! Well, needless to say we lost. Bo literally scored 90% of their points exactly like he did on his first shot. Take the inbound pass, turn, and drain a 3 from half court. Hahahaha! It was freekin ridiculous.
    Wait…what?! That’s badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Wait…what?! That’s badass!
    Our games vs LA Tech we're legendary. Mike Green vs Roy Ebron and Lamar leading the way. I drove to Ruston for Bo's last game vs Tech and Lamar had 51 points. Shipley pulled him with 2 mins remaining and a big lead. As Bo walks off the court, he throws his double wrist sweatbands to the Tech student section and got a standing ovation. It was a great rivalry back then as Tech had a great program as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I stole a beer from Craig Monroe one night
    He was my neighbor in the 80’s. Nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    That is such a cool story!
    That is! Most of us don't realize what we missed. I just missed it because I lived over in LC and started here in 74. I did go to a game in LC when they played McNeese, Bo had a cold but still scored 25.

We were in the death penalty era when I was a freshman. That was when UsL started Lagniappe Day, because we had no basketball. This one was held in the ballroom in the student union. Beers were like 5 cents and they played basketball highlights on one of the walls. That's the closest I got to really good basketball here, not discounting the Bobby P and J Evans days.

Edit: I wasn't in town for the Marty F days.

It was awesome! Ive never been happy losing like that in my life. I shared the court with a freekin legend!
    Well, I'm not sure he thinks he shared the court with you!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Well, I'm not sure he thinks he shared the court with you!
    Haha! Well, not like I did anything to stop him. It was funny too, because none of us really tried to guard him. He never drove to the basket. Just launched them from half court. Its like we kept thinking, theres no way he can keep this up. We were so wrong. I think he missed ONE! To top it off, the ones he made were PERFECT! Net sounded like someone firing off a damn .22 rifle in the gym!

12. Default Re: Bo Lamar NCAA greatness

Haha! Well, not like I did anything to stop him. It was funny too, because none of us really tried to guard him. He never drove to the basket. Just launched them from half court. Its like we kept thinking, theres no way he can keep this up. We were so wrong. I think he missed ONE! To top it off, the ones he made were PERFECT! Net sounded like someone firing off a damn .22 rifle in the gym!
    …T bine….show the 360degree jumper!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Please do. Isn't it in slow motion?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    It’s a classic for sure.

This is several different players, Bo is at 47 seconds. Two of his shots.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAO6Z6hjnKg

Lights out in Blackham, about as close as we’ll get. Was in the name of the clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaCGtvghTLU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oV_mEbsldZw

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information