Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Segrest to Jax Jaguars

Default Re: Segrest to Jax Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Selfish!
    Its jokes, not d___ks, dont take it so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So sorry I can’t catch your sarcasm. I’m still not buying anyone an apology beer, wine, or shot.
    BTW, its jokes, not ____ .dont take it so hard

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Could you imagine if we hired someone from the outside We would have lost 60 coaches and players .
    Curious what makes you think these coaches wouldn't have left for the Big 12, Sec, Big 10, and the NFL even if Napier was still here? He had coaches leave Napiers staff for better opportunities in the past. Not as many obviously because he wasn't the one taking his own staff with him. Des or Napier would not have made a difference with the offers these coaches are getting. We know toney was leaving regardless because his wife told the cheerleaders in early November she was leaving and would no longer be their coach. These assistants leaving have nothing to do with who the head man is.

App State's OC is leaving to become the QB coach of a P5 program. Miami is on hiring spree. They got Gattis from Michigan, took at top recruiter from UGA.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Curious what makes you think these coaches wouldn't have left for the Big 12, Sec, Big 10, and the NFL even if Napier was still here? He had coaches leave Napiers staff for better opportunities in the past. Not as many obviously because he wasn't the one taking his own staff with him. Des or Napier would not have made a difference with the offers these coaches are getting. We know toney was leaving regardless because his wife told the cheerleaders in early November she was leaving and would no longer be their coach. These assistants leaving have nothing to do with who the head man is.
    They would have still bolted which is why I laughed when that was brough up as a reason why he was hired. well with Napier most would have probably stayed knowing he was going to get a bigger job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So it should be easy to find all those quotes leading to your so far unverified conclusions.
    Yep go back to the coaching search page should be there!

Does Tony Hull coach the D line?

They would have still bolted which is why I laughed when that was brough up as a reason why he was hired. well with Napier most would have probably stayed knowing he was going to get a bigger job.
    There is probably a lot to this. We won't know what conversations these coaches had with each other. It seems as an afterthought that cbn would be getting a bigger job pretty soon. If he discussed that he would like to take coach x with him, then coach x was probably willing to stay until the move, unless he got what he considered a better opportunity. Like coach sale with the NY Giants.

FWIW, App just lost their OC to Miami. If Auburn screws the pooch…again…look for another wave of moves.

10. Default Re: Segrest to Jax Jaguars

In the history of off seasons coaching changes, this is also unprecedented. Look at the blue bloods that have had regime changes. Add NIL, the portal, our success, our national attention and the fact that Napier had the Dabo/Saban pedigree… It literally is the perfect storm. I’m not at all trying to downplay how upsetting this shìt is. If sucks donkey dīck.

I’m just saying I get it. Doesn’t sting any less.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In the history of off seasons coaching changes, this is also unprecedented. Look at the blue bloods that have had regime changes. Add NIL, the portal, our success, our national attention and the fact that Napier had the Dabo/Saban pedigree… It literally is the perfect storm. I’m not at all trying to downplay how upsetting this shìt is. If sucks donkey dīck.

I’m just saying I get it. Doesn’t sting any less.
    There is all this, plus how many G5's had/have a staff of that many folks to actually raid.

We are fortunate to be in the position we are, but like you said it also sucks, at the same time.

I’ll take this pain over Remax and other real estate companies battling for our coaches.

Last edited by 60swerethebest; February 9th, 2022 at 09:30 pm. Reason: Wrong word

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FWIW, App just lost their OC to Miami. If Auburn screws the pooch…again…look for another wave of moves.
    Yeah, Auburn seems a house divided against its messy self. But what else is new?

There's so much money sloshing around in CFB at the P5's. Few restraints to making a quick head coach change even after a season or two. The buyout/dead money out there owed to ex-coaches is obscene. There's no end in sight.

Billy was a three-year deal. His hires knew a ride to a better place was worth following him to UL. Then COVID. Billy hedged. And the word around the complex was “whatever Billy wants, Billy gets” AND he got that. We got an extra year from him, but Rob Sale wasn’t buying that. Meantime, Billy gave his bosses the impression this could last longer if the money was right. Scared money. They worked on that and Billy’s agent wasn’t buying. He was ready to get paid. Billy left unfinished business, broke commitments, exited badly. And so we deal with the fallout. No one should be under any illusions here. When the flight left Signature Air, Dr. Maggard made damn sure this wasn’t going to happen to us again. Jay Walker said Billy never “big timed” him. Cool. But it sure looks like he big-timed the rest of us. We will be just fine. But Billy, I don’t know about that guy. I really don’t. Will he get paid? Yeah, sure. But he sure left a bad taste in my mouth.

Your statement sounds to contradict itself. They would have still bolted but would have stayed? All you got to do is look at examples like Roberts, Powledge, and Sale. They all knew Napier would get a better job some day but left for the better opportunity for themselves at the time. This is no different.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information