Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wikipedia Edits

Default Wikipedia Edits

Just curious, Has anyone attempted to reach out to wikipedia for them to correct issues on the university’s page?
    If so, who is the editor “Elkevbo” who refuses to correct errors with the name?

Default Re: Wikipedia Edits

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Just curious, Has anyone attempted to reach out to wikipedia for them to correct issues on the university’s page?
    If so, who is the editor “Elkevbo” who refuses to correct errors with the name?
    It's Wikipedia just make the changes

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's Wikipedia just make the changes
    I did. The editor changes it back. He must be a Tech grad ��

This is his response when I tried to remove “ULL” from the university’s name section.
    “ The university doesn't control Wikipedia or get to dictate to Wikipedia editors how to edit articles. You are welcome to reopen this discussion in the article's Talk page to see if there is a new/changed consensus among editors.
    Additionally, if you have a relationship with the university then you should disclose it; if you are being compensated by the university for editing Wikipedia, you are required to disclose that fact. ElKevbo (talk) 23:50, 6 February 2022 (UTC)”

4. Default Re: Wikipedia Edits

I did. The editor changes it back. He must be a Tech grad ��

This is his response when I tried to remove “ULL” from the university’s name section.
    “ The university doesn't control Wikipedia or get to dictate to Wikipedia editors how to edit articles. You are welcome to reopen this discussion in the article's Talk page to see if there is a new/changed consensus among editors.
    Additionally, if you have a relationship with the university then you should disclose it; if you are being compensated by the university for editing Wikipedia, you are required to disclose that fact. ElKevbo (talk) 23:50, 6 February 2022 (UTC)”
    Just keeping doing it daily until they get tired of fighting it

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Seems legit ����

I just edited it as well, maybe they’ll get the hint

7. Default Re: Wikipedia Edits

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I just edited it as well, maybe they’ll get the hint
    Yea just get a few people willing to log in and edit it everyday. It’s a war of endurance.

Yea just get a few people willing to log in and edit it everyday. It’s a war of endurance.
    Im down with that

Im down with that
    I didnt even know that Wikipedia was a thing anymore. I know that my kids couldnt even use it as a reference or footnote in papers while in highschool since it was so inacurate

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I didnt even know that Wikipedia was a thing anymore. I know that my kids couldnt even use it as a reference or footnote in papers while in highschool since it was so inacurate
    Pro-tip: they could have just referenced the source material(s) in the footnote section of the Wikipedia articles.

Can someone post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pro-tip: they could have just referenced the source material(s) in the footnote section of the Wikipedia articles.
    Bingo what I did in college hell of a lot easier than using the library search engine

daily? hasnt this been going on for decades…. and any myriad of users can change it right back as well, esp all those alleged alums of other skools that “dont care” about us

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    daily? hasnt this been going on for decades…. and any myriad of users can change it right back as well, esp all those alleged alums of other skools that “dont care” about us
    I'm not positive, but I think an editor can also block anyone changing a particular article, at least for some time. So, this editor could put the article the way they want it and then bock future changes.

Damn commies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information