Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Since P5's wants separation, why not give it to them?

Default Re: Since P5's wants separation, why not give it to them?

I do not get the Titanic reference but I do know that if we go 13 and 0 next season we won’t get in the playoffs and we won’t play on New Year’s Eve. So what is your point or goal? I do know that if Mississippi State has a losing record in conference for baseball, they will still make the tournament. So what is your point. Enjoy the bottom of the ocean.

Man…nothing says small time like giving up and going the coke and trophy route.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Cincy made the playoff and they took that G5 NY6 bowl away from us this year.
    A 20 point loss to a 5-7 Texas team did that.

4. Default Re: Since P5's wants separation, why not give it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialCajun View Post
    I do not get the Titanic reference but I do know that if we go 13 and 0 next season we won’t get in the playoffs and we won’t play on New Year’s Eve. So what is your point or goal? I do know that if Mississippi State has a losing record in conference for baseball, they will still make the tournament. So what is your point. Enjoy the bottom of the ocean.
    The point is simple. Clearly you believe that Division 1A is the Titanic a flawed ship design captained by an aging fool. Your solution is a new division or lifeboats.

Most here understand that it’s not the Titanic destiny. The lifeboats of a lesser division isn’t a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    A 20 point loss to a 5-7 Texas team did that.
    That and our OOC schedule. We have to play 2 P5 schools each year, and win, to get better recognition. Outside of Florida State who has not been good recently, we play nobody and the SBC is still not highly perceived. We can't help our conference schedule although recent additions will help, but we can and must improve OOC scheduling.

6. Default Re: Since P5's wants separation, why not give it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That and our OOC schedule. We have to play 2 P5 schools each year, and win, to get better recognition. Outside of Florida State who has not been good recently, we play nobody and the SBC is still not highly perceived. We can't help our conference schedule although recent additions will help, but we can and must improve OOC scheduling.
    We’re not getting anything from FSU except one P5 win? That’s not necessarily correct. They could actually be a top ten P5, but we’d still need another two top tier G5 wins to even think about the playoffs in the current system.

If I didn’t know better, it feels like we have a McLeast troll amongst us. Second Level Conference logic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We’re not getting anything from FSU except one P5 win? That’s not necessarily correct. They could actually be a top ten P5, but we’d still need another two top tier G5 wins to even think about the playoffs in the current system.
    Could be much much more also for perception as well. FSU plays LSU, Louisiana, and Florida this year. Think about that. Will be interesting to see how FSU does against all 3.

If 60 1A schools leave the NCAA, then who will LSU play to pad their record? For 2022 they would need to replace UAB and New Mexico and add say Nichols and Northwestern. Or more conference games or out of conference, but Kansas doesn’t have any ope dates because everybody wants to schedule them.

Right now, we would be hard pressed to find a quality game, like Texas, because they would worry that we will win at their house and they will not come to our house.

If we separate from the NCAA, it would take a major commitment from all involved, schools and networks to move the product. It will be just as hard on 1A as it will be on us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information