Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Default Re: NSD 2022 National Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So maybe some of these stories should be part of the final push to sign a player.
    I’m sure it is. These coaches all know of players that didn’t pan out. On the other hand they know of PWO players that did.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So maybe some of these stories should be part of the final push to sign a player.
    I would be shocked if they weren't.

I know as a parent and coach, I got REAL stupid when my kids and players got into HS. Now as they are out of college and in the real word, I have all of sudden gotten much smarter.

Bottom line, I still offer advice and counsel, but I have learned that most teenagers need to be allowed to fail and make mistakes. This is why for all these Louisiana-based players that leave the state to pursue glory we should stay close to and be ready to help pick them back up. However, in this specific case, it sounds like the player misled UL, which could be disqualifying depending on how he would handle an apology. For me, he would need to show a lot more maturity for things to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I would be shocked if they weren't.

I know as a parent and coach, I got REAL stupid when my kids and players got into HS. Now as they are out of college and in the real word, I have all of sudden gotten much smarter.

Bottom line, I still offer advice and counsel, but I have learned that most teenagers need to be allowed to fail and make mistakes. This is why for all these Louisiana-based players that leave the state to pursue glory we should stay close to and be ready to help pick them back up. However, in this specific case, it sounds like the player misled UL, which could be disqualifying depending on how he would handle an apology. For me, he would need to show a lot more maturity for things to proceed.
    As a parent, it took me a while to figure out if they (our children) don't make the decisions on their own, they don't learn anything.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Thread Information